Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Just given a Phillips Dreamstation 2 the same day Phillips agrees to stop selling
RE: Just given a Phillips Dreamstation 2 the same day Phillips agrees to stop selling
Thanks a bunch!  I am definitely going to hold their feet to the fire.  What do you like better about the Resmed 10?  Also, do people generally take these machines when they travel, or do they buy a separate, smaller travel CPAP?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Just given a Phillips Dreamstation 2 the same day Phillips agrees to stop selling
The 10 has been out longer. There's some indication the 11 may have a slightly different blower from the travel CPAP.

Myself, I took my standard ResMed ASV with me. Travel units can be OK, however one fairly frequent complaint is travel units being noisy.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree that the ResMed AirSense 10 is the better machine. That's the one I would request.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks both of you!
Post Reply Post Reply
The decision of whether to dispense a device as a rental (13 months with ownership converting to the patient at end of term) or as a sale is up to the insurance company. DMEs like rentals, because it results in more revenue and control. Insurance may specify rental in case a patient is not compliant, the device can be repossessed and resold. You have to ask the insurance company if they specify rental, and if not, then you end up telling your DME insurance does not require a rental, please make this a sale under agreed terms with insurer. Medicare does rentals, most private insurers are 50/50. It's easier to cut a single check, and claims do not carry-over to a second year resulting in the patient having two years of deductible and copay apply...why do you think rentals are 13 months?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, here is today's update.  They sent a driver to get the Philips machine.  He would not give me a receipt but said I could take a picture, so I did.  My doctor e-mailed me a new prescription, but said he had written the last one for the airsense 11 auto!!!  It did not say Resmed, as I remembered, but I was still too new to understand that the Airsense 11 was a specific machine.  Sure enough, the prescription I had said that, listed under pressure.  Good lesson to always double check your records.  So, Integrated giving me a Philips unit is so much worse than I even thought.  They violated the doctor's prescription and gave me a Phiiips!!  I still don't have my Resmed.  Today, neither I nor Avmed can connect to customer service.  It is just silence--not even the waiting music comes on.  I found a phone directory and called the Director of DME.  Answering machine of course, but I left a message.  It also had e-mails so e-mailed the 3 people that were listed as Director, Manager and Supervisor for DME.  I e-mailed a copy of my complaint, changed to say Integrated violated my doctor's order to unload a Philips machine on me.  I also demanded my Resmed today so my treatment was not any more delayed by them than it already was.  I am trying to think of who else I could send my complaint to, because this really seems nefarious.  They ignored my doctor's prescription!!!  I still can't quite get over that.

One piece of good news per Avmed--yes, I am renting the machine, but the cost is a one time payment of $50 and this covers all supplies too for the "duration of illness incident".  Renting seems better in this case because if something goes wrong with the unit or it stops working, it is on them to get me another.  I am very blessed with truly excellent medical insurance because my husband works at a hospital.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for sharing your "journey"; it's been a real eye opener into just how bad DMEs can be!
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad to know you are finding it helpful!   I'm happy I can contribute here, even though the situation has been a real pain to deal with.  Sharing experiences arms us all with knowledge.
Post Reply Post Reply
Integrated is trying to drive me over the edge. I got someone on the phone finally and said my doctor's prescription specifies the Autosense 11 Auto. They looked it up and now their line is "We need a letter of medical necessity from your dr. to get you a Resmed" MY GOooooooooooOOooooddddd!!!! What is next? It has to be delivered on a full moon??? I asked what right they had to send a Philips when the prescription was for a Resmed and they said they will send whatever they have in the warehouse rather than order a machine. How can they possibly get away with this?
Post Reply Post Reply
And this, ladies and gentlemen, is precisely why I never set foot into the DME office after the first time they told me I needed a CPAP but couldn't try on any masks in person "because COVID." I turned on my heel and never looked in their direction again. Why would I, when a brand new AS10 card-to-cloud machine is available for under $400, for me to own, with no compliance hoops to jump through, and the machine that they dispense at their choice through my insurance is a "rental" for which I pay an unknown amount specified by my insurance company weeks after the fact that counts toward my deductible. Wave
Look, I'm an engineer, not a doctor! Please don't take my opinion as a substitute for medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  11 days in and on my fifth day of non-stop headaches callisto9 10 642 08-27-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: callisto9
  Options to stop sleep apnea Timothy918 7 411 08-15-2024, 11:47 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Stop mouth leaks with a boil and bite mouthguard? ttrani01 5 444 08-10-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Stop me if you've heard this before. Looking for help updating BiPAP settings Cape67 0 225 07-29-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: Cape67
  Selling Price of Resmed Airsense 10 ivan007 17 1,212 04-30-2024, 09:21 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  Do you stop your Airsense machine when you go to the bathroom during nighttime? dharma2255 10 949 04-12-2024, 10:23 AM
Last Post: dharma2255
  [Equipment] How to stop rain out from external humidifier? SluggerBaloney 7 627 04-02-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: SluggerBaloney

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.