Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Switched from APAP to BiLevel/TriLevel WOW
Switched from APAP to BiLevel/TriLevel WOW
Been on CPAP/APAP for a year (AHI 66) and been struggeling ever since. Tried a ton of different settings, rarely any decent sleep.
Read a lot on this forum and studied a lot on youtube. Understand now all details about the data and my hospital/doctor have not go the time to discuss data with me.

So ... after selfstudie, I realised I might need BiLevel.

Bought a new Löwenstein Prisma 25S, from an online shop in Greece, and put my old Prisma Smart Max on the shelf.

Incredible result after 1 week of titration and sorting out settings. Sleep SO much better. My doctor does not know I bought it, since it is not allowed to take this matter into own hands, but I do not care, it is MY life. AHI between 0-1 now every night and good O2.

The TriLevel is insanely good and comfortable. Most nights AHI 0-1, Tidal vol and min vent is perfect. I look up the data in PrismaTS software.

Keep fighting, newer give up and trust your own studies and ask for help online!

My settings:

Auto S
TriLevel
EEPAP min 7
PDIFF (PS) min 4

Thanks for all the help reading different posts on this forum!   like
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Switched from APAP to BiLevel/TriLevel WOW
Excellent news on taking control of your own therapy and finally getting some good rest.

When you get a chance, post whatever OSCAR charts you can as our knowledge base of Löewenstein machines is still growing.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Switched from APAP to BiLevel/TriLevel WOW
I am on the same journey. Have been struggling with a Prisma20a for 6 months, but now realizing this machine has taken me as far as it can. It is very disappointing as I already spent $2500k and now have to pay thousands extra for 1 or 2 cm more pressure support. Hopefully this ridiculous situation will dissappear as the user community becomes better educated and buyer expectation increases.
A standard machine should provide and offer full control over bi and trilevel modes. The current cpap/apap models do not treat a large portion of OSA sufferers yet most if not all of our machines have this ability, but it is witheld from us by firmware altering and slight of hand.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bipap vs Cpap/Apap DreadPirateRawburts 4 60 7 hours ago
Last Post: DreadPirateRawburts
  Thinking of Taking a Break Until I Can Get Bilevel Idub88 25 617 09-05-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: Idub88
  Tweaking Bilevel ahuman 20 1,059 09-05-2024, 01:46 AM
Last Post: ahuman
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 43 2,591 09-04-2024, 09:39 PM
Last Post: srwilsn3
  Bilevel self-titration for UARS ChickenTenders 7 335 08-30-2024, 04:15 PM
Last Post: ChickenTenders
  returning APAP'er, help interpreting OSCAR please :) tml678 2 197 08-21-2024, 11:06 PM
Last Post: tml678
  Trying Bilevel for first time - need help! sleepquality 4 311 08-18-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: sleepquality

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.