Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Could use some help with OSCAR analysis/interpretation re: Airsense11 settings
Could use some help with OSCAR analysis/interpretation re: Airsense11 settings
Hi all! 

I've been using an Airsense11 since May, but only a few weeks ago discovered I could insert an SD card to record detailed data for OSCAR viewing.

I am attaching two segments of recordings from 10/3. I think I've been able to glean a few things to adjust so far based on readings from the forum (very much appreciated), but I would be so grateful to hear what recommended setting adjustments jump out at any more experienced eyes. 

Happy to take alternate screenshots with different rows/views, and to answer any questions.

I really appreciate it!

Bill

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Could use some help with OSCAR analysis/interpretation re: Airsense11 settings
A whole days screenshot with the left column is the best for most things.  If a closeup is needed of events we would ask for that.  From what I can see with your charts it looks like you have positional apnea.  They can be seen when there are grouped O and H events.  The closeup does show that.

Positional apnea can NOT be controlled by pressure changes.  You have to find out what position you are getting into and cutting off your own airway.  Have you changed your sleep position?  Sleeping on your back?  Using more (or new) pillows?  These things can cause positional apnea by chin dropping to your sternum and cutting your airway.  Think of it of a kinked hose – nothing can get through – you have to unkink the hose…

IF you can’t make a simple change like changing to a flatter pillow helps then you will need a collar.  I have a link to collars in my signature at the bottom of the page.  It shows people who are not wearing a collar and the SAME person wearing a collar.  There is a huge difference between the two.

If you would please post a full days charts so we can be of more help.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Could use some help with OSCAR analysis/interpretation re: Airsense11 settings
Thank you very much indeed for your quick feedback!! I have not yet looked into those sorts of changes, but that's very helpful to know.

I am attaching a full-night screenshot per your request. Text cut off on the left column is as follows:

Ramp
Auto

Ramp Pressure
4 cmH2O

Response
Standard

Smart Start
On

Temperature
26 ºC

Temperature Enable
Auto

Post Reply Post Reply
It would help us help you if you arranged your chart differently.  We need to see the following, and only the following on the first page, in the order listed:

Event Flags
Flow Rate
Pressure
Leak Rate
Flow Limits

We need to be able to read to the very bottom of the Flow Limits.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Understood! And, again, thank you so much for your willingness to help and communication!

I am attaching the requested screen capture here.

Bill

Post Reply Post Reply
You have an enormous amount of positional apnea.  Have you ordered a soft cervical collar yet?  You really do need one.

Your pressure settings are far too low.  Starting pressure 4 is for children.  Your median pressure is more than 8, so I suggest you set your low pressure at 8 and your high pressure at 15.  High pressure may need to be higher, but let's try 15 for now.

You also need to raise your EPR to 3.  Your flow limits are very high.

Try these settings and the soft cervical collar, and let us know how things go.  Until the positional apnea is under control, it's difficult to advise what to do next.  You may need a different type of machine, but let's see how things go first.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you! I have a cervical collar in the mail, but otherwise, your recommendations for pressure have lowered my AHI from 14 to 5 - a huge improvement.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Looking for some analysis help faurii 4 120 10-13-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faurii
  EDS Help- OSCAR Analysis OSAsucks 9 392 10-05-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Oscar Analysis SearchForPanacea 4 248 10-05-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Xboxrrod Analysis Dreamstation BIPAP Xboxrrod 5 334 09-14-2024, 08:49 AM
Last Post: Xboxrrod
  Night 1 OSCAR Data Interpretation Stuartt 10 459 09-06-2024, 02:41 PM
Last Post: Stuartt
Question Question about IPAP settings on OSCAR Dreamless 6 347 08-31-2024, 05:11 PM
Last Post: Dreamless
  [CPAP] OSCAR Interpretation - UARS? ilikecars 12 751 08-27-2024, 02:41 PM
Last Post: Expat31

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.