Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar Analysis
Oscar Analysis
If anyone has a free moment to throw a look, would be appreciated.

I have the OSCAR Charts from the first few days, believe its all there. The leaks seem high - on the 2nd and 3rd night i loosened the straps as the first night gave me a slight sore on the nostril, but loosened was too loose. Still the leaks didn't go away so I' tightened back slightly, really irritating sore in the mornings but manageable. I asked the tech in the pharmacy and they said the machine only measures mask leak, not mouth leak (?). 

I did buy a strap, but honestly if not needed I'd prefer to go without. What are the signs that you should use a chin strap? 

Major issue now is that I can't wake up as easily as before, as in I seem to be needing way more hours, and the 6 am wake up is a struggle... Used to get by on less sleep (granted with chronic fatigue ) , but I do hope 8 hours isn't going to become the norm...

Any feedback, advice, thoughts are greatly appreciated. Its all quite new, interesting, and I really would like to stay on the right track. 

p.s. Do you all change both the machines clock and the settings in Oscar when switching time zones, or is on the machine enough?

p.p.s Thanks to all on the forum for so much insights and posts. 

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar Analysis
(Yesterday, 08:48 AM)SearchForPanacea Wrote: Do you all change both the machines clock and the settings in Oscar when switching time zones, or is on the machine enough?

You should increase your minimum pressure to 7 cm, which is suitable for adults. Also, turn the ramp off because you have no treatment during this period. 
You can expect diminishing CAs with time. At that point, you should increase your EPR setting to 2 and then to 3. 

It is better not to alter the machine clock to avoid a lot of problems later.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar Analysis
Hello SearchForPanacea,

You're doing okay here, but you may want to get a full face setup, I couldn't use the chin strap or mouth tape, head is too big and I have a mustache and beard so can't tape. I think you should raise your min pressure to 6cm, disable EPR (it's on ramp only)-turn ramp off, set max pressure to 9.4cm and try this tonight for 30 minutes before bed please. You can change the clock setting to the closest time in your area.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EDS Help- OSCAR Analysis OSAsucks 8 244 10-02-2024, 09:58 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Xboxrrod Analysis Dreamstation BIPAP Xboxrrod 5 291 09-14-2024, 08:49 AM
Last Post: Xboxrrod
  OSCAR Analysis Request harryd91 4 409 08-09-2024, 06:39 AM
Last Post: harryd91
  Where to find Indepth PAP therapy analysis? PappaJoe 14 787 08-07-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Amorsen84 Therapy Analysis - please help Amorsen84 10 594 08-04-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Jay51
Surprised OSCAR Results Analysis 4thehalibit 6 354 07-26-2024, 08:54 AM
Last Post: 4thehalibit
Question JKan Therapy Analysis JKan 70 3,085 07-24-2024, 10:00 AM
Last Post: Expat31

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.