Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR Results Analysis
Surprised 
OSCAR Results Analysis
I was called today by my doctor and hey want me to see a pulomoogist or a neurologist because my AHI is high. It was lower my first couple days I am thinking because I used my machine at my camper. at the camper my bed is against a wall so I was on my side %90 of the time. At home I am not forced to sleep on my side.

The rest of the week I was doing reading and making changes based off of suggestions. I probably should of used the settings for a few days before making any changes

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR Results Analysis
Hi 4thehalibit!  Welcome
The first thing to try is to turn off the EPR.  That could be one cause of CAs, by washing out your CO2.   If you decide to do this, consider reducing your maximum pressure to 11 cm.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum 4thehalibit, as Red said please turn off EPR, is your minimum pressure 9cm? I see that you've changed it a few times..
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-25-2024, 06:13 PM)Phaleronic Wrote: Welcome to the forum 4thehalibit, as Red said please turn off EPR, is your minimum pressure 9cm?  I see that you've changed it a few times..

Thanks, I was pointed o post here from Reddit. glad to be here I just started the machine last Thursday and I dont quite understand it yet. Sometimes I wonder if I should have left it all on auto for a while before tinkering.

Yes the current setting is min 9 max 14 with epr 2 at full time
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-25-2024, 06:11 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Hi 4thehalibit!  Welcome
The first thing to try is to turn off the EPR.  That could be one cause of CAs, by washing out your CO2.   If you decide to do this, consider reducing your maximum pressure to 11 cm.
- Red

Thanks for the advice and the welcome. I just started this Journey on Thursday and find it odd that hey want me to see a neurologist so soon. I am no doctor myself but I barely have a week of data. The doctor offered no setting change suggestions.

I will do that tonight and get the pressure set to 9/11. why do we lower the maximum pressure with no EPR?
Post Reply Post Reply
2 reasons.  First, the EPR reduces the EPAP pressure and that is responsible for OAs.  Since you are not reducing the pressure using the EPR, the IPAP pressure doesn't need to be as great.  Second, your flow limitations might increase because it is aided by EPR.  Without EPR and the flow limitations increase, the Resmed will try to overcome them with pressure increases.  I prefer to limit the maximum pressure to prevent a runaway pressure scenario.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the info yesterday. I just got off the phone with the clinic they want me to see a sleep doctor specifically. The first person I talked to yesterday didnt know much. This one said it's for obstructive sleep apnea. I was able to make the changes as you suggested. It took a little longer to fall asleep than normal, but I think some of that was nerves. Convincing myself it was worse than it was really going to be. I didn't wear mask throughout the night not my cognitive choice. I think in a few days I will be okay with having EPR off.

If you had time to interact with my chart here is a link to my SleepHQ data: (first couple days I didn't have a SD card)

https://   sleephq.com/public/teams/share_links/9da2cd18-c9a4-42b6-8ebe-3979b5e61867

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] 3 months on CPAP, results have been mixed threeeyedsloth 19 568 Today, 06:50 AM
Last Post: AshSF
  [Symptoms] Help with OSCAR Results - headaches and fatigue SleepyinCincy 15 366 Today, 06:39 AM
Last Post: AshSF
  New to all of this and would like help with my overnight oxygen test results Shannon80 1 104 Yesterday, 05:56 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Second opinion on sleep study results? Trimochio 2 144 10-15-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: winterwaveforms
  [CPAP] Could use some help with OSCAR analysis/interpretation re: Airsense11 settings thesquimmgroup 6 306 10-14-2024, 01:28 PM
Last Post: thesquimmgroup
  [CPAP] Looking for some analysis help faurii 4 128 10-13-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faurii
  Help with OSCAR Results malaise 5 168 10-12-2024, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.