Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Machine noise
Machine noise
I was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea. The doctor referred me to a consulting company that will set me up with this equipment:

- Prisma Smart Auto-CPAP 
- Prisma Aqua Humidifier

My wife is very sensitive to noise at night. Does anyone know if this machine is relatively noisy or quiet? Any recommendations for one that is as effective/featureful but quieter?

Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Machine noise
I'm not familiar with the one you mentioned. I have A ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet. 

It's as quiet as can be. I've had it since Sept. 2018 and it's been great. Mine came with the humidifier.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-05-2024, 11:23 AM)Big Guy Wrote: I have A ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet. It's as quiet as can be. 

I have the same experience with  AirSense 10. And I can say the same about AirCurve 10. Nevertheless, to avoid disturbing my spouse, I put it away from the bead and placed it in a plastic box on a soft mat to reduce vibration.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Löwenstein machines are even quieter than the Resmed, a good choice if you want it to be quiet.
Post Reply Post Reply
My CPAP machine sits right next to my side of the bed, on a file cabinet the same height as our bed. It sits on a non-slip piece of material designed for use in kitchen cabinets. 

It was making some weird noises not all that long ago, and I finally came to realize that it was my FFM that was making it do it.  Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
Hope your wife listens to my previous device, the Aircurve 10 is super quiet even under high pressure. 
Two days ago wife asked me do you turn it on!!
Also some say it is quieter than the newer 11
Post Reply Post Reply
Recently, I tried PRISMA 20A (basically the same hardware as the SMART) and RESMED Airsence 10. The RESMED is definitely quieter.

I suggest you try to get the PRISMA 20A if you cannot get RESMED. It is more capable than the SMART.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is this weak air noise?? Jstalez 9 201 09-12-2024, 02:47 PM
Last Post: Jstalez
  [CPAP] ResMed AirSense 10 makes loud noise when inhaling. sanger 111 160,787 09-11-2024, 09:52 AM
Last Post: tedr
  Is it normal for Resmed 10 blowing noise to be very noticable at high pressure >13 snortle 4 244 08-29-2024, 09:49 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 295 276,676 08-29-2024, 12:52 AM
Last Post: Kamryn
  [CPAP] 8 Month old Resmed Airsense 10 making a whirring noise JonMichael85 8 16,027 08-23-2024, 05:57 PM
Last Post: xirokx
  Breas Z2 - Air Noise at Mask Vents mcman56 2 225 08-21-2024, 09:35 AM
Last Post: mcman56
  [Equipment] ResMed making noise at altitude GManCPAP2019 1 265 06-24-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: ArcherNeedsSleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.