Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Manually Tagging Events
Manually Tagging Events
Is there a way in OCSAR to manually tag events such as arousals, RERAs, and anything else the machine doesn't identify? Sometimes, I'm still tired even with a very low AHI score, and I can identify data in OSCAR that may be the culpret. I'd like to tag these events so I can better see what is going on through the entire night.

- cyberfiche
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Manually Tagging Events
You can set custom event flagging in the Preferences section. Custom events allow for a different flow restriction percentages and durations. You can also change the default label for these in the Events > Label section to be more representative of your settings. For example, you could change the "UF1" label to "20@8".

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is way to tag sections of a graph and add a description of that event.
That feature is handled by bookmarks.
The is a search feature that will find and list bookmarks.

https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...s_in_OSCAR

does this solve your problem?
LoudSnorer
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much, Crimson Nape.

So, the only custom flags are for Flow Limitation? Also, it looks like there are two custom user event flags on the CPAP tab of the Preferences. But there are three user event flags available on the Events tab. Do the user event flags correspond only to the Flow Limitation customization on the CPAP tab. If so, what is the third user event flag for?

Thanks, LoudSnorer. Yes, I think the Bookmarks could be a possible solution.
Post Reply Post Reply
Those flags are from the old SleepyHead code. The UF#3 flag has always been there, but not assigned to any underlying code.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-26-2024, 12:31 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: The UF#3 flag has always been there, but not assigned to any underlying code.
- Red
Red,
You sparked an idea for possible new feature to OSCAR.
The UF#3 flag could be place at a location specified by the user and not by CPAP data.
The high level features would be the ability to define, remove, and find UF#3.

Comments and suggestions?
LoudSnorer
Post Reply Post Reply
Related question, is there a general advice on how to set UF1 and UF2? And is this different for classical OSA and UARS? I struggle to find helpful UF1/2 settings that help me optimize my therapy (UARS).
Post Reply Post Reply
Hmm, interesting idea! I would have liked a user flag option (under UF3) so that I can reflect back on earlier data analysis. Very helpful for those, like me, still trying to find an optimal therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Discrepancy with desaturation events between Sleepyhead and Oximeter software Asjb 3 2,027 09-28-2024, 03:23 AM
Last Post: THEVGE
  Printing List of Daily Events & sidebar info Yukonlilye 0 141 08-21-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: Yukonlilye
  how to have CA added to OSCARS "Events Flag" Graph Wm kintz 21 1,155 08-04-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Wm kintz
  Show RERA in Events Chart GeorgePa 3 1,029 06-09-2023, 05:41 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question OSCAR Oximetry Pulse Rate Events - In Excessive Amounts (?) DavidEsp 4 1,172 02-17-2023, 06:11 PM
Last Post: DavidEsp
Question OSCAR Oximetry Preferences - Pulse Change Events - How Re-apply to Existing Data? DavidEsp 2 830 02-17-2023, 05:16 PM
Question Bookmarks (or hack) for User-Defined Events? DavidEsp 4 712 02-10-2023, 06:26 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.