Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask Liners
Mask Liners
Are mask liners such as the one in the link below really effective at preventing air leaks? Since I started using CPAP, air leaks have been my biggest problem...

Amazon.ca:Customer reviews: CPAP Mask Liners Compatible with AirTouch & AirFit F20 F10, Ultra Soft Mask Covers for Simplus, Reducing Redness and Irritation, Supplied by Medihealer | 6 Pack (S)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mask Liners
This is just my experience.  Mask liners have helped me.  I have seen posts here that are just the opposite (they don't work).  They work for me for a few reasons.  I use a ventilator which utilizes PS (pressure support).  This can change the pressure quite a bit at times (some swings back and forth in pressure).  I can tighten my mask a little bit more and not get any marks on my face/nose when using them.  They seem to cut down on leaks also.  I have gotten a few leaks at times in the past when using them though, but the tighter I can tighten the straps usually the less leaks I have.  

Mask liners probably work better on some masks than others.  I have a F & P Vitera that actually needs the top straps loose - so I don't use any liners with it.  My Resmed Quattro FX I do use the liners though.  The silicone rubber pulls the skin off of my nose and face without them (and they do cut down leaks a bit by putting a little material between the mask and my face to block a bit of air.  

I guess there is no way of knowing for sure if they will work for you or not.  The only way to find out would be to try them.  Your call here.  I have tried a lot of them and liked the thinner ones better than the thicker ones.  If you want to try an experiment before you buy, get any soft material fabric and cut some of it to fit over the mask to get a feel for if you think it is going to work for your or not.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Difference between nasal mask, and full face mask setting Ynot 6 309 09-04-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Anyone use Pad a cheek liners? sleepingbetterinFl 3 244 07-19-2024, 12:26 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Question Need drool help - cloth mask liners? TheBinarySon 4 392 06-24-2024, 06:52 AM
Last Post: TheBinarySon
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 3,382 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  mask liners F30i face mask cberistain 7 2,392 10-20-2022, 07:14 PM
Last Post: Kidatply
  Mask Liners and Leaks ejbpesca 2 898 10-09-2022, 04:49 PM
Last Post: Melman
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 4,077 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.