Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

myAir when sleep time is 4am to 4pm the next day
myAir when sleep time is 4am to 4pm the next day
Hello Dear One(s) and All

Used AirSense 11 for the very first time last night with no heated tube and AirFit F20 full face mask.

Grateful for everyone who has joined here and provides very useful information and support to first time ever users.

Apology if there is another way I need look for this information and I welcome any guidelines for new Threads or how to search.

My question is:   I put the mask on and turned machine on at about 4am "last night" and was down for sleep time until 330pm today.

I have some DSWPD  (symptom of disability), so often cannot fall asleep until similar time and sleep 12 to 14 hours (also disability symptom)

When I turned off the machine, it said I had used it for 3:35 only though my "night of sleep" was actually 11.5 hours.

Is there a setting of some kind on the machine or on myAir (I do not have any apps, I just made an online account and could not find answer there)

that anyone who sleeps this kind of schedule is aware of that will record my "full night of sleep" vs dividing it w/ their noon to noon clock?

I don't know if me visually looking and just adding the 3:35 to what it shows as the previous day statistics is okay or if the algorithms

the machine uses to determine effectiveness will not work properly with the actual full night of sleep divided. (When I clicked the previous

day, I was able to see that it had a separate logging of the other 8 hours of sleep.)

Thank you again very much all who share here. It is very helpful and appreciated.

Peace
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: myAir when sleep time is 4am to 4pm the next day
This is because the machines record time from noon to midnight, then midnight to noon.  Your sleep will all be recorded, but tomorrow's sleep report will be half of what you slept today and half of what you slept tomorrow morning, with a gap in between.  There is no setting you can change to make it report differently.  People who work night shifts have to deal with this regularly.  It sounds nutty, but you will get used to it if you stay on your present sleep schedule. Smile
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: myAir when sleep time is 4am to 4pm the next day
Actually I did find a way to do this after some searching in the forum and finding a suggestion-   I looked up to see what time zone was 12 hours ahead of mine.  It turned out to be GMT +5.  Then I selected that time zone from the list on the Air sense 11.  Now it splits the day from midnight to midnigth, so that the sleep for that "day" is all shown as one block of sleep.  Just thought I would come back and report this in case anyone may find it helpful.  Thank you all for sharing very helpful info on this forum.  Peace
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HELP: Sudden drastic worsening of Sleep Apnea - Can't sleep at all, CPAP completely u Unkikonki 10 464 10-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: Dormeo
  MyAir Site Big Guy 4 190 10-12-2024, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Mecate13
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 155 8,140 10-11-2024, 06:32 PM
Last Post: jefferyscott0
  [CPAP] What is the myAir sleep duration score based on? jefferyscott0 4 241 10-06-2024, 05:26 AM
Last Post: R750R
  Waste of Time? - Pulmonary Visit mark.apnea 8 419 09-26-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Another low (really low) AHI but tired - first time OSCAR user xtracheese 4 309 09-25-2024, 10:41 PM
Last Post: xtracheese
  [CPAP] Please help, first time analyzing my oscar data napnea 3 281 09-13-2024, 02:38 PM
Last Post: Old Steve

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.