Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nasal mask question
Nasal mask question
Ok this may sound weird or maybe not. Has anyone use a nasal mask that all of a sudden they are asleep and their tongue will come out some?? It is pretty frustrating because its the most comfy mask, but the past 3 night i have had this issue and it nothing more frustrating then your wife waking up and telling you to stop. But you have no idea you are doing it.

I used the zest for the first 7 days never did it.

Used the amara and of course it full mask

Using easylife since friday but this tongue thing just started.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Nasal mask question
(05-07-2013, 09:44 AM)Tommy012175 Wrote: Ok this may sound weird or maybe not. Has anyone use a nasal mask that all of a sudden they are asleep and their tongue will come out some?? It is pretty frustrating because its the most comfy mask, but the past 3 night i have had this issue and it nothing more frustrating then your wife waking up and telling you to stop. But you have no idea you are doing it.

I used the zest for the first 7 days never did it.

Used the amara and of course it full mask

Using easylife since friday but this tongue thing just started.

I was opening my mouth in deep sleep with my nasal mask. So, i got a chin strap and it fixed my problem. Still can use the nasal mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just go back to dme and get one?
Post Reply Post Reply
Or buy one online. They're not expensive. There's a lot of different kinds so if your DME has several, you can try them on first. Don't accept one that is just a straight band with velcro on the ends. Useless and you can make one like that yourself out of an ace bandage.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nasal pillows v nasal mask FLcracker 11 658 10-08-2024, 11:42 AM
Last Post: mogulman
  Dreamwear nasal pillows vs. full face mask arnoblalam 1 219 09-22-2024, 10:06 AM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Full Face Mask Issues vs Nasal Pillows Issues FozzyDaBear 8 453 09-17-2024, 03:58 PM
Last Post: FozzyDaBear
  Difference between nasal mask, and full face mask setting Ynot 6 689 09-04-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Nasal Congestion Rgn3 18 2,380 09-04-2024, 07:44 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Equipment] AirMini Mask question countrydirt 1 448 09-03-2024, 11:53 AM
Last Post: Geezerbunny
  Can I use nasal mask with deviated septum? snortle 1 219 08-27-2024, 08:20 AM
Last Post: mark.apnea

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.