Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Help reviewing OSCAR data
Gross 
Help reviewing OSCAR data
I've been using my CPAP since November 2019. Initially, I felt much better and woke up feeling refreshed. However, fast forward to now, and I'm waking up with headaches, feeling tired, and needing a midday nap. I've downloaded OSCAR and watched videos, but I'm still struggling to understand how to interpret the charts. I'm hoping someone can review my data and provide insights into any improvements I could make.

I have an appointment in three weeks, but I don't want to wait that long if there's something I can change now to see some improvement.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help reviewing OSCAR data
I would raise your min to 8 and see how you feel m
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Note at the 5 year mark you'll be eligible to replace the Philips Respironics. Since they're banned in the US now, I'd have you consider ResMed.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You also appear to be having extremely high leaks.  Either your sidebar is under-reporting the leaks or else your machine is over-reporting them.  

Do you notice lots of leaks coming from your full-face mask?  If so, you need a different mask.  If not, I suppose the leaks are probably not so bad.  It's confusing for sure.  

I think something is wrong with your machine.  If so, maybe you can qualify for a new machine now.  I don't know for sure, but especially since you are using a medically recalled machine, you may be able to get one.  If you do qualify, ask for a ResMed AirSense 10 machine.  Those are great.  In any case, good luck going forward towards better treatment! Smile
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
I thought my machine was doing something weird, and I called about it - they refused to replace it for another year. I'll see if my doctor can push for a replacement. 

I haven't notcied any leaks in the mask, but I'm going to readjust my straps and make sure I have a good seal tonight. 

Will also try moving min preassure to 8 and see if that helps as well. 

Thanks for your comment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help analyzing OSCAR data - CA's? alemon 26 993 58 minutes ago
Last Post: alemon
  Just discovered OSCAR, how does my data look? mtdang 8 356 7 hours ago
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data richardb123 1 77 Yesterday, 11:10 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Night 1 OSCAR Data Interpretation Stuartt 10 171 Yesterday, 02:41 PM
Last Post: Stuartt
  Oscar Data Looks Fine, But Still Very Sleepy dvschwab 2 138 Yesterday, 01:02 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Question Help w/ Oscar Data (recent mask switch) cpapillon 3 102 09-05-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: cpapillon
  [CPAP] Help with ASV OSCAR data? Persisting Daytime Fatigue Despite 0 AHI LennySleeps 3 196 09-04-2024, 01:20 AM
Last Post: LennySleeps

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.