Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max
New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max
Hi ALL
I had a Resmed S9 for 18  years, i decided to update and get a Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max.  what a great machine.
I have the Prisma APP  I also am a member of SLEEPHQ  that is a great site but can not accommodate lowenstein yet.
I used to have SLEEPYHEAD that was a great app, the information was great but i can not use it for my new Lowenstein machine.
I would like to find a usable app that will work with my MacBook pro. 
I have tried to download a few apps but i could not get to work with my MacBook, Prisma journal, OSCAR, PRISMA TS is what does not work for me.
So far all i have to look at is the Prisma app but it does not give enough information.
The sleepyhead app is no longer supported.
if anyone has any information I would really appreciate giving me some advice.
Thanks 
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New APAP machine
oscar 1.52 supports this cpap macine
i am am not allowed to post links but google oscar cpap 

www . sleepfiles.com / OSCAR /
Post Reply Post Reply
Robert, the new version of the OSCAR program will work with your machine. You should check out our new Wiki on optimizing the Lowenstein PrismaLine devices https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...timization That wiki has examples of the Lowenstein graphs on Oscar.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello 
thank you for pointing me in the right direction
I like the Lowenstein PRISMA smart max   it is so quiet and my leak rate has dropped from 5 to 0  
after i have this new app working it will be interesting to see what other changes have happened.
I feel good and well rested when i get up so that is a good sign.
The resmed s9  lasted a long time i had it almost 18 years.

Thanks
Rob
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Everyone
I have the OSCAR latest version downloaded and working, thank you sleeprider
I have looked at the LOWENSTEIN PrismaLine Optimization  Well I tried my best.
I would like to know if there is someone who has the qualifications to review this for me and make adjustments
Thanks

Rob
Post Reply Post Reply
Rob, you can start a therapy thread and post charts, and I'm sure you will get input. Including the machine you use in the thread title will attract members that know that machine best. For example "New To Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max, Help With Adjustments? " or something similar would be a good title explaining the purpose of your thread and what machine you're working with.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New APAP machine Lowenstein PRISMA smart max
Hi everyone.
I have changed from a Resmed CPAP S9 to a Lowenstein Prisma smart max.
I feel good every morning after my night with the new machine.
If anyone knows how i should adjust the settings for better results please let me know.
I am trying to add a screen shot 
Rob

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Feeling good with your therapy is the best result. Your chart could be improved by minimizing the monthly chart so we can see the respiratory statistics and settings. Pretty clearly, leaks are a problem here. What nasal mask are your using? What settings like SoftPAP are in use in addition to the pressure form 10-15?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Lowenstein Prisma smart max
Hi
I have selected march 18, 2024 because my allergies were not bothering me that night.
The mask i am using is a resmed Mirage Fx.  an over the nose mask.
on the machine i turned off the exhale pressure drop as it was making me feel gasping for air.
the APAP pressure range is 8-15 I think.
this machine seems a lot better than the Resmed S9.
I have added the data summary. I hope it is visible.  and a screen shot
let me know what i can do.
thanks
Rob

Attached Files
.csv   OSCAR_Rob Detz_Summary_2024-03-17_2024-03-18.csv (Size: 788 bytes / Downloads: 7)
Post Reply Post Reply
here is the screen shot
somehow it didn't make it on the last post
Cheers

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bipap vs Cpap/Apap DreadPirateRawburts 4 59 6 hours ago
Last Post: DreadPirateRawburts
  [CPAP] OSCAR help adjusting pressure - Prisma smart georgesadam 6 127 Yesterday, 03:26 PM
Last Post: georgesadam
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 43 2,591 09-04-2024, 09:39 PM
Last Post: srwilsn3
  PRISMA CR ASV machine Arik 1 90 09-04-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: Jay51
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 295 275,915 08-29-2024, 12:52 AM
Last Post: Kamryn
  Help with OSCAR Report from Loewenstein Prisma Smart crunchy92 3 232 08-23-2024, 09:24 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  returning APAP'er, help interpreting OSCAR please :) tml678 2 197 08-21-2024, 11:06 PM
Last Post: tml678

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.