Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

shallow breating shuts off my apap?
RE: shallow breating shuts off my apap?
Just an update. I've had the 7.0/3 setting for several nights, with ramp=on. I've had no other unexplained multiple sessions. Of course, they were intermittent to begin with, so could still happen. Still using the same mem card and power supply, since I was trying to isolate the issue. I'm sure it will reappear some day, in the meantime thanks for the help. Oh, the increased pressure did do the trick at nearly eliminating Flow Limits.

I did purchase an oximeter, and have questions about low O2 levels, but I'll post that on a new thread.

Thanks for the help!
--PressuresOn
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: shallow breating shuts off my apap?
I thought I would post an update: I haven't had the shut-off phenomenon re-occur. I've also turned the auto-start/stop back on without any problems. I'm thinking, based on other posts and a lack of other explanation, that I must have been leaking so much that the machine thought I'd left the building and just shut down. Anyway, all is good now. Thanks to those that posted suggestions on this issue.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] AHI at 24 while using APAP 8-12mbar Exodus 6 211 Yesterday, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  [CPAP] APAP Settings Review falcon940 1 92 Yesterday, 03:35 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  New to APAP, do I have the right machine? Davileet 5 184 10-17-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Davileet
  DreamStation Auto BiPAP to APAP? indreams 5 269 10-05-2024, 04:07 AM
Last Post: indreams
  APAP- High Pressure Waking Me in the middle of the night HanoverTime 6 386 09-30-2024, 11:57 PM
Last Post: AshSF
  CPAP/APAP data review Robert Detz 1 166 09-25-2024, 09:40 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Pressure settings on APAP - Morning Headaches Jhlopez 0 177 09-24-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Jhlopez

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.