Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New User - Help needed with OSCAR
New User - Help needed with OSCAR

Hello Everyone, 

I(34/M) have been recently diagnosed with Severe OSA. AHI:75.8 via an in-lab sleep study. I was prescribed an APAP with a pressure of 6-18. I have my titration appointment scheduled later in Nov, 2023. Here is the machine that I am currently using - 

Resmed AirSeries 11 Autoset 
Phillips Nasal Pillows

I have been using the device for the past 9 days and I learned about OSCAR very recently. I added an SD card to the machine as the myAir app was not providing full data insights. I would like some help on analyzing the OSCAR data. I have seen people on this forum with AHI < 1 after using CPAP. However, my AHI is always greater than 7. That said, I have been sleeping way better compared to prior treatment and felt waking up refreshed. But was just wondering, why am I still seeing this high AHI and wanted to find out if its normal. 

Please find my oscar data for couple of days attached.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New User - Help needed with OSCAR
You have quite a few central apneas, which are likely or partially treatment-caused, given how early you are into PAP therapy, so to them I say just wait a few more weeks and let's see what happens.

Post screenshots of your flow-limit graphs please.

Leak looks great, minus a few exceptions. 

As a conservative recommendation, I would increase min pressure to 8, then see how things go.
Post Reply Post Reply
        Thank you for your suggestions. 

Please find the flow limit graphs attached for both the days. Thanks again for your help. 

Also, quick question - I am in Canada and wanted to check if it is ok if we changed the clinical settings on our device. For ex: changing the pressure etc. I was strictly advised not to do that by the DME.
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you taking the word of an entity that makes money if they change your settings? It is your CPAP, ask them to show you the law that forbids that.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Having the DME make changes to your settings  That just does not work at all.  To make an adjustment the DME would have to get your records and analyze them and then call the Dr. to get an ok for a change, The Dr. should look at the records and agree with the DME.  Next call them back to ok the change and if it is not working start the process all over again until you are sleep well.  Each time you do that it would take a week.  The Dr is a little to busy to keep doing this.

There is absolutely no way this would work.  Take the time to learn a little about your cpap and make changes.  We have all made many changes to the machine.  ALL of the people here have made changes and improved their therapy.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New User! Help Needed! Horrible Sinus Headaches. avogel333 2 150 10-03-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: avogel333
  WISDOM NEEDED srlevine1 4 175 10-02-2024, 01:02 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [CPAP] 1 Week Usage - Help Needed GalaxyRoll 4 189 10-01-2024, 06:59 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Help Needed: Friend Struggling with CPAP Compliance Due to Anxiety and Mask Removal Sarin 4 145 09-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Another low (really low) AHI but tired - first time OSCAR user xtracheese 4 236 09-25-2024, 10:41 PM
Last Post: xtracheese
  New CPAP user, looking for help understanding OSCAR Ksquared716 3 250 09-19-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help Needed to Understand Arousals ravman 3 328 09-14-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: ravman

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.