Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New User, Still Feeling Tired
New User, Still Feeling Tired
Started using CPAP 3 months ago for the first time in my life. While it has helped tremendously, I still wake up feeling pretty tired most days (not as bad as before CPAP but not great either). Looking at my oscar data it looks like I am still having lots of events where my breathing stops, but not long enough for an apnea. When I did my at home sleep test (watchpat 1) my AHI was only 5.4 but my PRDI was ~17. This makes me thing I am still having 'events', they just don't last long enough to qualify for AHI? Wondering how I should adjust my Resmed 11 settings to get better sleep?

Some more details:
Mask: Vitera full face mask
Pressure: 5-20, autopap

I set a UF1 to capture the shorter apneas, the settings for that are: flow restriction 20%, duration 5 seconds. 

I included a zoomed in chart view of some of the UH1's. 

*Small note, the UH1's in the first 30 minutes are from me trying to clear my throat, which I stopped breathing briefly for. The rest are legit.*

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New User, Still Feeling Tired
I can't advise you how to tweak the adjustments, but there are plenty of others on here that can and will.

What I can say, is that it takes some time for CPAP Therapy to kick in and make a noticeable difference.  Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New User, Still Feeling Tired
Welcome.  I think your min is to low.  My suggestions would be...

Min 8
EPR full time
EPR 3

And lets see if that feels any better.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR Data - Low AHI but still not feeling great, and are these real OA events? Santino 26 756 1 hour ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
Smile [Treatment] [OSCAR] Still Tired After 1.5 Years of Usage - Any Help Please? sowo123 14 327 10-06-2024, 12:13 PM
Last Post: sowo123
  Help - not feeling rested in the morning! jc1996 3 199 10-05-2024, 09:22 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Still tired atgg11 3 228 10-01-2024, 10:49 AM
Last Post: atgg11
  Another low (really low) AHI but tired - first time OSCAR user xtracheese 4 253 09-25-2024, 10:41 PM
Last Post: xtracheese
  [Treatment] ASV AHI between 0-1 but still tired some days Melkarid 4 271 09-24-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: Melkarid
  Feeling Worse After Successful CPAP Use kaizer989 10 538 09-16-2024, 05:58 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.