Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Still tired
Still tired
My efforts to reduce Flow Limitation have failed so far. Could anyone advice what else I could improve, please?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Still tired
You could raise both your EPAP and IPAP maxes by 1 to start.  You can see in OSCAR charts if this is helping and even increase more as needed.  

You have some clusters of H's.   First try the pressure increases.  If they don't help, you can try decreasing your pillow height, side sleeping instead of back sleeping, and maybe even a soft cervical collar if all of the above suggestions do not work for you.  

Here are some tips to optimize your Lowenstein machine also.  It has various setting to help combat flow limitations also (softpap 1,etc.).  

1OSCAR Optimisation for Lowenstein

*(There is a section on flow limitations also if you keep scrolling down).
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
The go-to tool to reduce residual flow limitation is pressure support (IPAP - EPAP), so if your machine settings allow for it, try that first. The cruder method is to just increase pressure. You may do better on bilevel, but you still have territory to explore with your 'flex' and basic pressure settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you kindly.

Thank you very much. I shall follow this advice.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another low (really low) AHI but tired - first time OSCAR user xtracheese 4 190 09-25-2024, 10:41 PM
Last Post: xtracheese
  [Treatment] ASV AHI between 0-1 but still tired some days Melkarid 4 228 09-24-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: Melkarid
  1 year on CPAP, still tired all the time joelin02 5 564 09-10-2024, 06:39 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  23 yr old W/ Good AHI - Still tired and foggy daytong 7 449 09-05-2024, 09:05 PM
Last Post: daytong
  Tired Again Brennie 16 937 09-04-2024, 08:23 AM
Last Post: Brennie
  [CPAP] 5 nights in.....grumpier,forgetful and very tired! toby2111 28 1,499 08-26-2024, 02:25 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  [CPAP] (I'm Tired) Please help interpret my Oscar data frolic 4 463 08-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.