Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New diagnosis, Vauto on the way, some questions
RE: New diagnosis, Vauto on the way, some questions
Just an update, still working through tweaks. the cervical collar did not seem to help. So far, the variation appears to be night-to-night. I got the lowest score ever 2 nights ago. The only thing that changed was that I added a cotton t-shirt as a liner to my poorly fitting Air Wisp mask (I need to order liners, but the t-shirt worked well!). I used a CPAP pillow last night, which was comfortable (will definitely keep using!), but didn't help numbers.

You are likely right; there are small tweaks in body position that I need to find. I subscribed to Wesper for a month to get info on positions to cross-reference (hopefully).

Quick question, do you take the mask off/stop machine when you wake up? I leave it on in case I fall asleep again, but I suspect some of the apneas are while I am awake. This morning I was trying to keep it on, but it stayed near 20 and that was not comfortable while awake. Since I was getting up anyway, I turned it off, but wondering if I should have turned it off as soon as I opened my eyes. Honestly, outside of being at 20 today, most mornings I cannot tell if it is still on because it is so quite and synced with my breathing!

Thank you so much!!
Post Reply Post Reply
If I took my mask off every time I woke up, my therapy would be extremely fractured. I can sometimes end up lying away for hours, or go back to sleep. You get older, you'll get used to it. Anyway, I tend to have 9-hour continuous use sessions, but don't sleep that much time.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It sounds like the Wisp mask is really annoying. It does take some time to arrive at a mask that is comfortable and does the job. I recommend trying on a bunch, but perhaps you're going the smart route and make-do for the moment while you get your numbers dialed in. Some masks do, indeed, come in smaller head gear sizes and cushions, but there's no telling how they'll work on your face until you try them on. Several online CPAP supply websites let you try them on. A tedious, but worthwhile exercise.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed Aircurve 11 VAuto I:E LaserBoi 7 311 10-16-2024, 08:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Self titration Aircurve 10 VAUTO HELP georgesadam 18 630 10-15-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: georgesadam
  Difference between S-Mode and VAUTO mode - Aircurve MrIvanDrago 12 1,171 10-11-2024, 08:33 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  ASV Questions DreadPirateRawburts 1 138 10-07-2024, 12:53 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  ResMed F40 mask questions? WCR1950 16 1,175 10-02-2024, 08:48 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Resmed Aircurve 10 VAUTO turning itself off and on throughout the night?? 17WRX 4 191 09-29-2024, 06:41 PM
Last Post: 17WRX
  Three weeks in - Some questions SleepyDwarf123 6 1,016 09-29-2024, 07:16 AM
Last Post: SDM1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.