Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to BIPAP, how does my data look?
New to BIPAP, how does my data look?
Short story, I was in the hospital back in February where I was unofficially diagnosed, finally got two clinic studies done and have had my BIPAP since November 1st. During my sleep study I was having 47 events per hour and my O2 got down into the 60s at times. My doctor started my pressures lower than what the titration study determined I needed because they were 'really high' and he didn't want me to be too frustrated and give up. 

Well now a month in and I've used it every day and feel so much better. Not perfect but most days I wake up refreshed, and I'm not feeling tired during the day. On my follow up last week he wasn't able to look at my data, so I'd really just love another set of eyes to tell me if everything looks ok. 

I've attached the last three nights. My apologies if I did anything wrong, I'm still learning!

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to BIPAP, how does my data look?
How do you feel? That is a key indicator of therapy.

Your numbers look very good. I would not touch anything at the moment unless there is a reason to do so.
Post Reply Post Reply
Small amount of positional apnea. I would also turn off ramp.

Post Reply Post Reply
You have a 30 minute ramp set. A better option would be Auto or off. Auto ramp detects sleep onset and allows the machine to commence operation at the set pressures. Overall the settings look pretty good. Positional obstruction is infrequent. You could probably reduce maximum pressure to 18 if you wish. This is our article on positional apnea if you're curious. https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...onal_Apnea
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I’ll take a look at the ramp options. I didn’t see an auto setting but it’s been a while since I looked at it. 

Compared to last year at this time I feel so so much better. They sent me home with oxygen, so I was using that until I got my bipap machine. The O2 helped but obviously the bipap is night and day.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do I need a BiPAP? phoen1kx 2 272 07-30-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help analyze OSCAR data - BIPAP Kriiistine 1 178 07-26-2024, 08:07 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 14 3,501 04-29-2024, 02:26 PM
Last Post: Cam12
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 764 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  bipap Innisfree 2 646 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Help with bipap Al N 7 1,063 09-14-2023, 06:15 PM
Last Post: Al N
  Fixed pressure BIPAP vrs Auto BIPAP (UARS) tugboatxd 0 852 03-29-2023, 04:13 PM
Last Post: tugboatxd

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.