Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ASV not catching onset / transitional centrals
RE: ASV not catching onset / transitional centrals
I should follow, when I had first looked into potential dysautonomia, I was super skeptical, but I figured it wouldn’t hurt to do a lifestyle change based on the general consensus of issues: add more electrolytes, B vitamins, acidophilus, exercise more and work on my back posture. I also cut out the late-night cheerios. I slowly added these things over a few days. That, along with cutting out the nightshades, has had an *extremely* positive impact on my life. I’m 37, 6’0” @175lbs, so I’m not overweight or anything, just extremely out of shape. 

I just played it fast and loose with the Amy’s Veggieloaf and potatoes. It feels super awesome to be super weak to …food?
Post Reply Post Reply
My only thought is avoid the things you have decided to cut out - I am right there with you concerning crazy stuff. Look up Alpha-gal and see my troubles with red meat.

Personally I don't eat anything other than a slice of raisin bread or a piece of fruit/berries after about 6pm. I also cut out drinking after 7 unless I can't manage. These were both huge changes for me. But they stopped my acid reflux cold. And I can generally sleep through the night now.
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgflip.com%2F16usl9....ipo=images]

I would have never connected the potatoes, tomatoes and nightshades.  I have never dealt with anyone that had dysautonomia, but of course this has everything to do with our sleep-breathing among other things. Next time, you better think twice before you "play it fast and loose with Amy's veggietloaf".   Dielaughing  Sorry for the humor, but you caught me completely by surprise with this, and I can only say I'm really glad you solved the mystery...now how to live with it?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It’s extremely harder to find food, especially out at restaurants and stuff, that doesn’t have nightshades. Since I’ve avoided them I’ve been feeling absolutely stellar. But I idk, I just kinda forgot yesterday. And boy oh boy did I have a rough night. Same thing, nodding off and sort of deep breathing / gasping awake, freezing cold, and so drowsy I could hardly keep my eyes open. Today I’m so run down it’s insane. But like last time, the further throughout the day I get, the better I feel. All drs are still telling me to kick rocks, but at least i have a heading! Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Highly illogical...

Best wishes you get and keep a firm grip on the handle for this.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Annoyingly, I had these issues a few back after eating a meal with no nightshades... but eating late. After going back through the food diaries I've noticed that WHEN I'm eating seems to be aggravating me as much as WHAT.  I've always heard for years about not eating late, of course, but I never thought it affected me. I guess I was wrong. Regardless I have a followup with gastro coming up so we can try and see what the issue is. I get dizzy spinning in all these circles! 

Recently, part of this whole deal has been my pressure support minimum (which is usually 2-15, epap - 5-8, asv auto)  PS minimum has been blasting air into my belly and making me belch it back up immediately. It wakes me up. I dealt with this for hours for 2-3 days and finally turned my pressure support down to 1. It's such a smalll change, but it makes a huge difference as I’m prepping to fall asleep. Now that I’ve spent a few days cutting out later foods, I want to bring my settings back to how they’ve been, which has essentially been that way for like 3 years. Regardless, I’ve always just kinda felt crapy, and I wondering if there are any changes off the bat I should make to maybe try and fix the flow limit or something. I guess taking my anecdotal nonsense out, maybe there is a better combo of number that can help me achieve maximum awesomeness. Any thoughts? 

EDIT: I haven't dumped my data in a long time. After doing it, and an update, things definitely look weird. I have a lot of days with no data, like 13 months worth, and a lot of days that show something like "NO GRAPHS" at the bottom but do show data on the left side. I could only grab this one day attachment that seems to have data. And even that I was only able to get after rebooting the machine, as another user pointed out in another thread. 

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Might be time for a new SD card. Results with PS min 1.0 looks fine to me. If aerophagia continues to be an issues, you may want to try reverse-titrating PS max.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Results look OK for the settings, you're only down to 0.19 AHI. I think it's all about comfort now.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Another update, looks like I’m having narcoleptic episodes. Kinda makes sense why certain foods aggravate these symptoms and some don’t. It’s essentially sleep paralysis, and drifting too quickly to REM sleep. A lot of nights I’ll start dreaming before my head barely hits the pillow. Restless legs and sleep paralysis have always been a thing but I never really put it together, and I’ve been dealing with this crap for years.  I’ve been working with a new sleep dr for a few months. These events have been pretty intense, like having them almost every single night. I have adjusted my diet and spent a great deal of time working through supplements and research, doing my best to figure out what works best for me. Heavy carbs before bed usually make me pass out and get cold. It’s been a rough few months, dealing with insurance and tests. Dr wants me to try 5mg Lexapro to help inhibit REM. I’m not crazy about that idea, at least not until the MSLT. I’ve been approved for about a month, but sleep doc has to wait until another patient goes for the same test. Total garbage. 

Heating pad works to help keep me warm, sleeping on my side works, magnesium and L-theanine work well, not eating without a few hours of bedtime is pretty huge. That is a huge trigger for me. It’s like when I’m digesting food my blood has to rush to my stomach to help me break stuff down, more than a regular joe I guess. I take a small dose of adderall every day for adhd, so I think that has helped mask a lot of the daytime fatigue. But the night disturbances are pretty intense. They’ve mostly been under control, except for last night. I’m trying to work through why I had sleep paralysis issues, I had a bunch of coconut water, could be a potassium related thing, but idk. Eating very basic chicken and vegetables for dinner has really helped dramatically. Something as simple as a bowl of cheerios before bed could be the difference between fits all night of passing out and actually sleeping. 

I still don’t sleep very well, but it is better overall. Since I discovered what these issues actually are and started working through positions, supplements and diet, I’ve had the sleep paralysis and night time disturbances cut down pretty intensely, like mostly, 90% ish.  

Narcolepsy could explain the central apnea, in regards to passing out before the mask can catch it, but I’m still working through it all. Now that summer is here and the kids are out of school, it may be easier to get a little more sleep. 

So yea. Sleep paralysis and narcolepsy seems to be the new hotness. Very annoying.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] sleepyecho - Can't reduce centrals after septoplasty sleepyecho 3 115 09-28-2024, 10:41 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  transitional/sleep onset apneas after years of PAP gaspsalot 10 533 09-18-2024, 10:59 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Will BPAP cure my centrals? Benzi 3 214 09-08-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Suddenly my Centrals got a lot more disruptive tcinoz 121 6,196 08-18-2024, 10:22 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
Question Cluster of Centrals ? Dodies 4 255 08-16-2024, 07:46 AM
Last Post: Dodies
  Nasal mask causing centrals DreadPirateRawburts 2 272 08-10-2024, 11:01 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  2 Months In For CPAP Treatment - Getting Centrals airwaywarrior 6 517 05-30-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: airwaywarrior

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.