Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS
RE: RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS
A few days ago I received a check from the Philips Settlement Administrator for $479.50 .  This was more than I expected, so I wonder if that had to do with my using a more expensive machine, a DS1 BiPAP autoASV.  

Jan. 2023 I received a replacement autoASV at my local AEROCARE store in Memphis TN at no charge. My old ASV was labelled DSX900T11C, 2020-02-06 REV00.  The new machine is labelled DXS900S11F, 2022-09-09 REV15. At the AEROCARE store I gave up my old autoASV which I had defoamed.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS
The New York Times

Device Chief’s Potential Conflicts

Note: Dr. Jeffrey E. Shuren was the head of the FDA's response to the Philips Recall. He was mentioned numerous times on this Thread.

A top medical device regulator’s work sometimes overlapped with his wife’s legal representation of clients with business before the agency.

Two members of Congress have asked an inspector general to investigate whether the top federal regulator for medical devices like pacemakers and artificial hips acted ethically in work that overlapped with that of his wife, a leading lawyer for device companies.

The lawmakers cited an investigation by The New York Times that examined the intersection of the work of the regulator, Dr. Jeffrey Shuren of the Food and Drug Administration, and his wife, Allison Shuren, a co-chair of the drug and medical device practice at the prominent Washington office of Arnold & Porter.

Comment: I thought I would find no more news stories to post. This bad dream for everyone still seems to have a life.

Lawmakers Seek Inquiry Into F.D.A. Device Chief’s Potential Conflicts - The New York Times (nytimes.com)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Zoll Remede System for Central/Cheyne Stokes Fixit50 2 82 Yesterday, 04:05 PM
Last Post: Fixit50
  [split] TinySteve - Therapy Thread TinySteve 14 630 Yesterday, 12:43 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  UARS Treatment [Using Philips ASV] SenatorBirch 32 4,860 09-25-2024, 10:35 PM
Last Post: SenatorBirch
  evanms17 Therapy Thread evanms17 24 1,309 09-24-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: evanms17
  Class Action settlement for Philips recall… robsmuir 0 119 09-24-2024, 01:21 PM
Last Post: robsmuir
  MadFox - Therapy Help Thread MadFox 17 808 09-24-2024, 01:03 AM
Last Post: MadFox
  HenryECole81 - Therapy Thread HenryECole81 29 913 09-23-2024, 10:20 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.