Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nose sore (exterior)
Nose sore (exterior)
I've had my BiPap since '17. End of April I received a new machine.

Must have been getting lazy in my old age because I was battling mask leaks (open mouth) for quite some time. So I started taping my mouth, then went with the neck brace. Both worked excellent. I prefer the brace but sometimes wake up with sore neck or have a headache all day. I use a Dreamwear Mask and have a (fairly) close cropped beard.

I mention the new machine because that is the only thing that has changed since I was diagnosed. Machine settings, humidifier, hose, mask, all the same.

Since April I have been getting nose sores outside my nostril, where the nasal pillows rest. Usually it is dryness, but today its a bit red & sore.

I bought a F30i, but it tends to puff my cheeks out so I haven't tried sleeping with it.

I am at a loss as to why this is happening. Any ideas?

I really, really hope its not some contaminant in the machine because getting the replacement was a NIGHTMARE!! and I'm battling Apria now (they are double billing me). Yes, my blood pressure is still thru the roof over that ordeal, I am dumping Kaiser next open enrollment. But, if that was the case the irritant would be inside, not outside.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Nose sore (exterior)
It sounds like maybe your pillows mask does not fit right. I started with a size small because my nostrils are small, but ended up using and liking the size large. The small and medium ones made my nose sore. Just something to consider. I hope you very soon find a solution to your sore nose. Smile
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Nose sore (exterior)
Try putting on a small dab of a lanolin-based cream where the mask meets the nose, like Lanisoh or similar nipple cream. Works a charm.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bridge of nose was destroyed last night eok361 4 115 11 hours ago
Last Post: eok361
  Please recommend a facial mask that doesn't touch the bridge of the nose. Asjb 5 161 10-01-2024, 03:29 AM
Last Post: Asjb
  anyone had turbinate reduction surgery and not experience Empty Nose Syndrome? sleepingbetterinFl 4 300 09-08-2024, 11:45 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Nose congestion and UARS Jstalez 14 899 09-08-2024, 07:07 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  [Equipment] Evora Nose Mask - Help Agostino 1 207 09-07-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Rhinitis (runny nose) OlWobbly 1 234 08-12-2024, 05:45 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  mouth tape and nose pillow OR full face mask, pros and cons? SeePak 19 1,123 07-30-2024, 08:04 AM
Last Post: SeePak

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.