Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Not adjusting to cpap. time for Bipap?
Not adjusting to cpap. time for Bipap?
Current Situation and Issues: Since August 2023, I’ve been trying to acclimate to my treatment. Through trial and error, I have switched masks and settings to troubleshoot my treatment. Despite this, I continue to wake up frequently, particularly from trying to breathe out hard, and I find it difficult to stay asleep through the night.

Symptoms and Challenges: I have been dealing with mostly hypopneas, centrals, and flow limitations. It seems as though I’m dealing with UARS, which makes sense given my symptoms and slender build. I find I have a really hard time exhaling. I’ve tried chin straps and nasal masks, but when I do, I wake up from trying so hard to breathe against the pressure. For this reason, I believe BiPAP would help tame my flow limitations. A huge challenge is aerophagia as well. i'm kept awake by frequent burping and air going into my throat.

Request for Advice: Has anyone had similar issues and found relief with BiPAP? Are there other treatments or adjustments I should consider?

Conclusion: Thank you for your input. If you would like any more data, I have many charts to share. 

P.s I've spent a lot of time awake trying to fall asleep in this chart, but I think it represents my treatment experience. as for the large leaks, those are me awake detaching the hose so I may itchy my nose. hah  Wink

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Not adjusting to cpap. time for Bipap?
Welcome to the forum Technica34. Smile

Typically bipap is needed when the pressure needs to be above 15cm and with your graphs I can see that you could try cpap mode at 11.4cm and hopefully fix some of your issues. I only have limited time today but that is my first impression after looking at your chart.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Not adjusting to cpap. time for Bipap?
I would try 3 changes

Change soft to normal

Change from EPR 1 to 3

Turn off soft start
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bipap vs Cpap/Apap DreadPirateRawburts 2 25 19 minutes ago
Last Post: DreadPirateRawburts
  [CPAP] OSCAR help adjusting pressure - Prisma smart georgesadam 6 123 7 hours ago
Last Post: georgesadam
  Help adjusting pressure keen.rain4317 4 235 09-03-2024, 05:36 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  1 year on CPAP, still tired all the time joelin02 2 225 09-02-2024, 06:35 AM
Last Post: AshSF
  First Time Poster, need advice for new machine! kbjames 7 377 08-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help adjusting CPAP--High Pressure Waking Me pharmdfl 3 206 08-25-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Trying Bilevel for first time - need help! sleepquality 4 311 08-18-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: sleepquality

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.