Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Aerophagia help
RE: Aerophagia help
Could this happen with a full face mask? I music very thin pillow, maybe an inch and a half thick.
I will look into a collar. Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Aerophagia help
(05-13-2024, 02:22 PM)willigorilla Wrote: Could this happen with a full face mask? I music very thin pillow,  maybe an inch and a half thick.
I will look into a collar. Thank you.

Yes. The soft cervical collar can also be used to help prevent mouth-leaking when wearing a nasal mask, but that is not an issue here.

The issue is the anatomy of your airway and esophagus. The hope is that your anatomy is such that using the soft cervical collar to stop you from dropping your chin may keep your airway open and prevent a significant amount of air from being pushed down your esophagus and into your stomach.

FWIW I find a thicker pillow (the papillow) helps me keep my head and neck aligned. I mostly sleep on my side or on my stomach.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My solution to aerophagia with CPAP manacles 7 175 09-04-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: croc
  Fixed Aerophagia using a Halo style chin strap ISeekRem 0 132 09-01-2024, 03:45 AM
Last Post: ISeekRem
  Fix aerophagia for cheap VINEDIGGER 9 493 08-30-2024, 07:24 AM
Last Post: Jay Belmont
  Aerophagia while awake? donsburg 4 274 08-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  Dealing w aerophagia and probably UARS, Help Jstalez 19 634 08-10-2024, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Jstalez
  What condition could cause/worsen aerophagia? urachan 8 762 08-09-2024, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Jstalez
  UARs, Aerophagia, and Bilevel Pressure Settings ATeam91 9 547 08-09-2024, 10:54 AM
Last Post: ATeam91

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.