Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR Lost My Profile
OSCAR Lost My Profile
            Hi everyone.  This is my first post.  I am new to CPAP treatment and at the end of my first week using a newly purchased Resmed AS 11 Elite.  I used an SD card in a preliminary loaner Resmed 10 for about five weeks, and successfully viewed my daily sleep data with OSCAR . I found an online report saying they were successful when simply transferring the SD card from a lower model Resmed unit to a new Resmed AS 11, and that OSCAR had no problems dealing with the switch of CPAP units. 
* So, I copied a backup of my SD card first, before installing it, still containing all the old data, in my new AS 11 for its first night of use.  The next morning OSCAR read the card and the nights data appeared to integrate perfectly with the pre-existing data from the former loaner Resmed AS 10.  All the Data/charts were there, new and old, and every part of the report looked normal.  The area where the CPAP machine model number and run time etc is detailed, listed proper info for the new AS 11.  
* The second morning when OSCAR started up it did not show the normal startup screen.  A screen shot is attached of what it displayed, and continues to display.  It indicates NO PROFILE FOUND, and provides a button to start a new profile setup.   I have not done a new profile yet, and kept the SD card in the AS 11 each night since then.  Today (4 days later) it is still not finding my Profile.  

*Three screen shots attached:
1- Shot of the current OSCAR startup screen with it not finding the profile info.
2- Two shots of windows file directory, showing contents of the data file located at C\user\owner\onedrive\documents\oscar data

I was tempted to simply enter a  new user profile, assuming OSCAR would fetch the data from the SD card, or from my hard drive, and continue working properly, but decided to ask here about this issue first.  

Thanks so much for any advice that follows this post.

- Poolboy

RUNNING WINDOWS 11 HOME / OSCAR 1.4.0
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR Lost My Profile
Welcome to Apnea Board! If you are storing your data offsite, then that can be your problem. OSCAR as not designed to invoke a latency wait period to connect to the data file. If you do not have a connection already established when you start OSCAR, it will error out and think you don't have a profile. It is better practice to have the data directory stored locally on your PC and then do a nightly backup to your OneDrive. You might also try starting OSCAR, going to Help > About OSCAR, and click on the "Show data folder", located on the right side of the popup. This listing should match as to where you think it should be.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=54560 Wrote:Crimson Nape pid='487492' dateline='1695692692']Welcome to Apnea Board!  If you are storing your data offsite, then that can be your problem.   OSCAR as not designed to invoke a latency wait period to connect to the data file.  If you do not have a connection already established when you start OSCAR, it will error out and think you don't have a profile.  It is better practice to have the data directory stored locally on your PC and then do a nightly backup to your OneDrive.   You might also try starting OSCAR, going to Help > About OSCAR, and click on the "Show data folder", located on the right side of the popup.  This listing should match as to where you think it should be.

- Red

Hi Red. 
 Thanks for your response.  I checked  Help > About Oscar >  "Show data folder. It indicates that OneDrive is being used for data storage.  (screen shot included)
I have no idea how to relocate the files so Oscar can find them.  All my Resmed data on the SD card,  so would setting up a new profile and re-importing all data from the SD card be a suitable option?  
it is strange that the program worked fine for over one month and then had this problem.  I let it select its own file storage location when installing Oscar.  I don't know how OneDrive works,  but possibly my operating system decided to move the data to OneDrive without my authorization.  Dealing with computer files and storage locations is defiantly outside my skillset.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I would recommend that you copy the OSCAR_Data directory from your OneDrive to your Documents directory.  After it's copied, do one of the following to update OSCAR.

The path is stored in the system registry.   There are 2 ways to change where OSCAR looks for it data folder.
  • Edit the Registry directly:
    1. Open the registry editor.
      1. Press “Win + R” on the keyboard to open the Run box,
      2. Type “regedit” in the Run box and press Enter
    2. Navigate to:  HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\OSCAR_Team\OSCAR-Data\Settings\AppData="Address of your data directory"
    3. Enter the path to the data in the AppData key.
  • Update using the Command Prompt:
    1. Open a command prompt.
      1. Press “Win + R” on the keyboard to open the Run box,
      2. Type “cmd” in the Run box and press Enter
    2. Type: "C:\Program Files\OSCAR\OSCAR.exe" --datadir Complete_Path_Including the Drive_Letter\OSCAR_Data
      (Example to declare it in your Documents folder:  "C:\Program Files\OSCAR\OSCAR.exe" --datadir C:\users\your-user-name\Documents\OSCAR_Data)

You will only need to do this once.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Red -  thanks very much for your advise.  I will have a house guest next week that is  much better with computers than I am.  Hopefully she can incorperate one of your suggestions for me.  I will let you know how it goes.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nape,

Thanks for posting this. I had a similar problem wherein I installed a copy of Oscar on a laptop and wanted to copy the profile and data from my desktop machine to the laptop. During the installation routine on the laptop, Oscar put the profile on OneDrive without my spotting it. I copied my OSCAR_data folder from the desktop to the proper location on the laptop, but it wouldn't load. I used your suggestion on finding the data folder to find out that OSCAR had put the folder in the wrong place, then I used your command prompt method to tell OSCAR where the correct folder was, and all is good.

Thanks again!
Greg
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi again Red.  We were unsuccessful using the method you explained. Unfortunately, I am very computer illiterate.  I ended up selecting the option to start a new profile and that worked out well. Everything is back to normal with OSCAR  functioning well. Thanks for trying to steer me in the right direction. Take care.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar not finding profile PJohnson 5 348 09-24-2024, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Ohiosnoring
  Lost data? t0061633 5 360 07-23-2024, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Can't access profile or welcome screen unless I reinstall? DDMzzz 9 542 06-23-2024, 09:41 AM
Last Post: DDMzzz
  OSCAR Won't Let Me Add New Machine to Profile JeanneSB 2 386 05-28-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: JeanneSB
  Lost data? Gailofiowa 8 645 05-06-2024, 02:30 PM
Last Post: Gailofiowa
  Won't load profile - Sonoma 14.4.4 MacBook Pro breathingwell 2 505 04-22-2024, 02:30 PM
Last Post: kderevan
  Data went to wrong profile Poolboy 4 479 04-20-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: Poolboy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.