Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR and Mac set up problem
OSCAR and Mac set up problem
Hi All,
I installed OSCAR onto my Mac desktop running Ventura 13.01, or so I thought.  What is happening is that when I open OSCAR, it shows the home page but I am unable to open the data charts.  These functions aren't selectable.  There has been a message that there isn't an app to open the files.  Has anyone else run into this?

Thanks, Betsy
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR and Mac set up problem
Hi B. McKone! - Welcome

You kind of went from home plate directly to 3rd base in your post. Did you create a user profile?

Here are 2 links from the Help Wiki:
OSCAR Installation: Apple Mac

Running OSCAR for the first time

Also, please review the links in my signature for additional information.

-- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Red,

Thank you for your reply and for the additional links.

I believe that I set up a profile and I went through the outlined steps. I wasn't able to enter the machine information in the profiles file, it just ignored me. The one thing that stands out is that stands out is that when I went into the Privacy/Security files/folders settings in apple, the removable volumes did not appear as a choice for granting access.

Betsy
Post Reply Post Reply
B. McKone,

macOS Ventura introduced some new security features which will prevent the system from reading from an external device unless you give it permission to.  
In the second link Red listed above, "Running OSCAR for the first time" there are two references at the bottom of the page that will help you check and change those settings.
Jeff8356

NOTE:
Jeff8356 has not been active on forums since October, 2023.
He cannot reply to you.

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Jeff and Red,

Thanks for your responses.  I went back to the information you sent and went through the steps again. I have always lived under a technology dark cloud.  The files and folders section doesn't show the "removable volumes" option for permissions like it shows in the help article.  It does show desk top and download folders and those are both granted access.   

Cheers, Betsy
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wellue/Viatom Checkme O2 connection problem AndyB 22 3,887 08-05-2024, 04:29 PM
Last Post: Cape67
  OSCAR Problem LuminousOne 2 285 06-29-2024, 03:02 PM
Last Post: LuminousOne
  Oscar question problem Lanco 0 367 05-07-2024, 10:40 PM
Last Post: Lanco
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 636 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 445 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Problem Downloading Oscar 1.5.1 itchy365 5 896 10-17-2023, 11:16 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Question Oscar installation problem [solved, see post #4] Bertrand 3 1,008 09-19-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Bertrand

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.