Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR and NONIN 3150 oximeter?
OSCAR and NONIN 3150 oximeter?
Hello guys!
I have access to a Nonin 3150 oximeter . So I thought I'd try to sleep in this oximeter. Then I'll upload the scores from Noxturnal to Oscar... But it doesn't work. Oscar does not read the file format in which saturation is saved in Noxturnal. Any idea how to solve this problem? regards!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR and NONIN 3150 oximeter?
Hi Polskafriend ! - Welcome

Since you are, so far, the only person asking for this device, I can't provide much hope. Without knowing its data structure, I am unable to suggest using an alternative device's loader. On the other hand, if you know how to write code, OSCAR is completely open source. You can see how other oximeter's code is written for importing their data. You could then write a loader for your oximeter. That's the best I can offer.

-- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you had a ResMed machine - s9 or AS10 and the Nonin to Resmed adapter then OSCAR would impoort both the CPA data and the Nonin data and display both...

I guess that's not very helpful...
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
This Nonin model is a different animal from what we perceive as a Nonin oximeter.  Here is a picture, of the WristOx2 3150.

[Image: 20OCT_3150USB_8000S-0a766af.jpg]

-- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Does OSCAR support receiving data via serial COM port? The nVision software is required to read the data from the 3150 by COM but perhaps OSCAR could be modified to support that also. I suppose that nVision could also be used to save the data and import that into OSCAR, but that would be less useful since nVision costs $300.

The Nonin 3150 BLE also supports bluetooth for delivering data, is there any precedence for that channel type in OSCAR?
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR supports the 3150 BLE with a Resmed AS11.  The AS11 streams the oximeter data in with the CPAP data on the SD card.  You just need to use the pairing function on the AS11.  No, OSCAR does not support serial COM interfaces.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question How export all days for oximeter (O2 Ring) data only (no CPAP) ? DavidEsp 11 3,459 09-04-2024, 01:41 AM
Last Post: Reggie5489
  Software for a Contec CMS 50E pulse oximeter dschalk 8 2,320 06-05-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: stew51
Question DreamStation 2 & Nonin 3150 Pulse Oximeter Snoring Cowboy 5 3,086 05-10-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: mazingas65
  Added a new pulse oximeter importer... spacewrench 125 24,047 04-14-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: msfabus
  csv-converter for like nx-8462 oximeter capman 1 421 03-15-2024, 04:45 AM
Last Post: capman
  thumbdrive-oximeter-format-analysis capman 6 558 03-15-2024, 04:29 AM
  CMS50F Oximeter Device not Recognized. ThinMountainAir 20 3,344 03-07-2024, 05:13 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.