Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR - best night yet, but still having trouble.
OSCAR - best night yet, but still having trouble.
            Hi all - I probably had my best night I have had last night on CPAP. Most of the 2 AHI was from central apneas, and I am confident those should go away with treatment. That being said, I have extreme PLMD (around 65/hr) and have extremely low arousal threshold. 

I am taking doxepin to help stay asleep and it works pretty well when I am not using CPAP. However, I obviously need to use the CPAP. The CPAP is definitely waking me up a lot and even if I'm not fully awake, I'm not getting the deep sleep. Mask is comfortable and this is the pressure I need - can't go lower.

I use nasal pillows and have EPR at 3. Here are my graphs. I may just have to tough it out, but my sleep is so bad as is that I can't afford to have even worse sleep than I already do without the CPAP.

Not sure if graphs would help answer this question as it's more about waking up, but there could be a nugget in here that helps you guys out. You're a knowledgable bunch! Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Self treating: Advice for tuning after first night OSCAR data? citrus1 18 735 09-24-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: citrus1
  Night 1 OSCAR Data Interpretation Stuartt 10 426 09-06-2024, 02:41 PM
Last Post: Stuartt
  [CPAP] (OSCAR) Results of first night with CPAP machine dnserror 1 222 08-29-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [CPAP] Trouble with central apneas and weird symptoms Kevin Scholz 12 624 08-24-2024, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  First night with new mask. Check my OSCAR, please Schnova 3 290 08-22-2024, 04:09 PM
Last Post: Old Steve
  [CPAP] Trouble with flow limits, doctor won't help ChickenTenders 7 473 08-21-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: ChickenTenders
  First night with data / OSCAR interpretation? goodmorning 6 453 08-20-2024, 05:22 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.