Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR data for first 2 full face nights
OSCAR data for first 2 full face nights
Hello all,

Hope you are well. I tried a few nights with a nasal cushion but kept opening my mouth -- even with mouth tape -- so I switched to a full face. I've attached my data for 2 nights. The second night there's a huge gap because I got my first experience with aerophagia. Thanks for all the help and I'm really warmed by how wonderful this community is.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR data for first 2 full face nights
Welcome

You are having high flow limits, which need to be lowered.  Turn EPR on full-time, set at 3 and you should see an improvement in therapy and comfort.

Also, if you were opening your mouth while wearing mouth tape you probably need wider and longer tape.  I need to use 2-inch wide tape cut to about 5-1/2 inches long or I still have leaks.  I think you may have a similar issue. I much prefer nasal pillows to full-face masks as the pillows tend to leak less than full-face or nasal masks. Plus, I find the pillows more comfortable.

Good luck!  Smile
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR data for first 2 full face nights
Thank you so much. I will give both of your advice a try!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help analyzing OSCAR data - CA's? alemon 37 1,484 1 hour ago
Last Post: quiescence at last
  [CPAP] Oscar Data after pressure adjustment Tabster 2 86 2 hours ago
Last Post: quiescence at last
  New to OSCAR, need some help understanding my data sleepadventure 10 442 Today, 02:56 AM
Last Post: sleepadventure
  Full Face Mask Issues vs Nasal Pillows Issues FozzyDaBear 8 221 09-17-2024, 03:58 PM
Last Post: FozzyDaBear
  [CPAP] Self treating: Advice for tuning after first night OSCAR data? citrus1 13 454 09-16-2024, 10:25 PM
Last Post: citrus1
  [CPAP] Help interpreting OSCAR data andersh 0 90 09-15-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: andersh
  [Treatment] Newbie and oscar data Trasto 5 247 09-14-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Old Steve

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.