Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR expert needed - out of things to try....
OSCAR expert needed - out of things to try....
Barely hanging on here. All my basic metrics seem to be great (AHI, flow rate, leaks, oxygen), but I feel even worse in the morning than no treatment. I even got a O2ring to check my oxygen and on CPAP it is always 90% (mostly 95%+).

Is there anything you see in the attached OSCAR reports that is problematic? I am running out of hope - thanks in advance!  Perturbed
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR expert needed - out of things to try....
Just seeing if anyone might be able to look at my charts for me. I’d really appreciate any insights! Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
It looks like you are bumping up against your highest pressure setting.  I suggest that you raise that setting to 17 and see if that helps.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Can you zoom in to a few waveforms in the problem area and share a screenshot?

Oscar isn't always the best at catching hypopneas and there might be something happening with your inhale-exhales
Post Reply Post Reply
I noted the same as Deborah, but also that you changed the machine settings daily 10 - 13, then 8 - 11, then 10 - 14.  If you happen to accidently pick a number and it ends up making you feel good, you won't know if the change is what did it.

It appears to me, the latest setting of 10 - 14 actually ended up with more disturbances. I would hazard a guess that an increase in the upper pressure will result in even more disturbances.

Suggest that you show [flow limitations] graph on your posted charts. that might indicate something that could be investigated.

Also, I suggest the ramp pressure might make your transition to sleep smoother if set higher and more closely to the intended start pressure. I would set the ramp pressure from 4.00 to 7.00.

Note: Most of the talented responders here would generally ask that you post a "sanitized" copy of the sleep report you got that diagnosed the sleep apnea and the type(s) of distrubances you had at that time. be sure to blot out the personal info such as name and date of birth, and any other personal identification like SSN, address. etc.

I reviewed the postings you made in December 2021.  You received some observations from a few stellar members at that time.
   How often do you use the CPAP machine?  Have you been using it from Dec 2021 to the present?   Please post your "Statistics" Tab. It will show your past settings, and results in a digested form.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-17-2023, 01:16 AM)aquamike Wrote: Can you zoom in to a few waveforms in the problem area and share a screenshot?

Oscar isn't always the best at catching hypopneas and there might be something happening with your inhale-exhales

Does the original poster (OP) know where the problem area(s) are located? The general complaint is OP is losing hope not because they wake alot, or reporting some awful feeling during sleep, just that they feel like the treatment isn't effective to make them feel better after sleep.

pezzy - if that is inaccurate let us know.

QAL
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you everyone for your replies! I really appreciate the help. I have been using 10/13 pressure for the past year. I did tweak the pressure for one day and then changed it right back, but made an error on the high pressure. The issues I am describing have been occurring at 10 min and 13 max pressure.

I am attaching two more detail charts that show a couple zoom events. I also attached my summary tab, but my usage has been on and off over the past several years due to all the issues.

My original sleep study was a few years ago so will have to see what I can find. Please let me know if you see anything that might help me. I was having a lot of positional apneas a while back, but I got a new pillow and don't see the typical clusters anymore.

Thanks again.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
And here's one more - I'm not sure if I'm sharing the right level of details here...

(09-17-2023, 04:48 AM)quiescence at last Wrote: Does the original poster (OP) know where the problem area(s) are located? The general complaint is OP is losing hope not because they wake alot, or reporting some awful feeling during sleep, just that they feel like the treatment isn't effective to make them feel better after sleep.

pezzy - if that is inaccurate let us know.

QAL

QAL, that's correct. I am not sure where the problem areas are exactly. There isn't anything during the night that would indicate a problem per se.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
awesome, thanks. can we get a snapshot of the 16 minute chunk of the latest post between 23:19 to 23:35?  I know this shows alot of non-sleep and finally a transition to sleep.

QAL
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-17-2023, 10:19 AM)pezhead99 Wrote: Thank you everyone for your replies! I really appreciate the help. I have been using 10/13 pressure for the past year. I did tweak the pressure for one day and then changed it right back, but made an error on the high pressure. The issues I am describing have been occurring at 10 min and 13 max pressure.

I am attaching two more detail charts that show a couple zoom events. I also attached my summary tab, but my usage has been on and off over the past several years due to all the issues.

My original sleep study was a few years ago so will have to see what I can find. Please let me know if you see anything that might help me. I was having a lot of positional apneas a while back, but I got a new pillow and don't see the typical clusters anymore.

Thanks again.

The second detail shot shows a 1 minute chunk at 23:38.
1. the first 5 breaths, longish pause, and the sixth one at 23:38:35 are all indicative of sleep breathing. I found it interesting that after the long pause, (a.) you were still asleep, and (b.) the breath was the same intensity as the preceding ones, almost as if your body was in "i don't care" mode.  Usually, after a longer pause the body get's a strong urge to get more oxygen and so there is a more intense recovery breath, probably accompanied by a wakening.
2. the alerting happened after the sixth breath, and the remaining breaths are now indicating the brain is processing and forcing the issue, you may not think you are awake, but the brain is now calling the shots, and demands larger breaths and the exhale is halted several times as if you would if you winced (pain?) and spurted parts of the pent up breath volume (large inhale - hold - partial exhale - hold - partial exhale - hold - more exhale.)

This may not be characteristic of any normal night.

QAL
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New User! Help Needed! Horrible Sinus Headaches. avogel333 2 161 10-03-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: avogel333
  WISDOM NEEDED srlevine1 4 190 10-02-2024, 01:02 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [CPAP] 1 Week Usage - Help Needed GalaxyRoll 4 196 10-01-2024, 06:59 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Help Needed: Friend Struggling with CPAP Compliance Due to Anxiety and Mask Removal Sarin 4 159 09-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Help Needed to Understand Arousals ravman 3 333 09-14-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: ravman
  New user, support needed please Katie.williams 8 398 09-05-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Help needed with OSCAR data and pressure SleepyCPAPa 2 218 09-01-2024, 01:12 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.