Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR stuck on opening
OSCAR stuck on opening
This morning OSCAR got as far as "Reading summary files" and is now stuck there.
I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled it with the same lack of success.
This is the first time I have tried to use OSCAR since the OS update to Sonoma 14.0.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR stuck on opening
The only thing that comes immediately to mind is to check the permissions. A Mac is notorious for adding some rule to block stuff.

When you say, "reading Summary data", is this from data already in OSCAR or you are trying to read the SD card?

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR stuck on opening
As Crimson Nape mentioned, it is likely a permissions setting. I'm stuck with Monterey (laptop is too old) and those settings are in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Files and folders but I believe the location is different for Ventura. Can't say for Sonoma...

I recently had an update for Monterey and it killed my permissions for some scripts I use. Apple has a very bad habit of doing that! It can be frustrating.
Jeff8356

NOTE:
Jeff8356 has not been active on forums since October, 2023.
He cannot reply to you.

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stuck in previous pressure settings. ejbpesca 9 1,334 10-16-2023, 06:37 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  Opening OSCAR on a MacBook Air with OS Ventura 13.2.1 VAUser 37 2,636 04-30-2023, 10:09 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  ResScan 5.9.0.9629 Report Date Stuck Fran 2 956 10-07-2022, 08:58 AM
Last Post: Fran
  [Solved]: OSCAR-Opening a second profile - Font messes up KeepSmiling 5 877 09-30-2022, 02:40 PM
Last Post: KeepSmiling
  Oscar is stuck cataloging EDF files Local Girl 5 1,544 04-25-2022, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Local Girl
  Oscar calendar button stuck Osiris357 25 2,733 01-13-2020, 11:08 AM
Last Post: RayBee
  Difficulty opening up Oscar yankees123 6 1,433 07-25-2019, 02:05 PM
Last Post: yankees123

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.