Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR v1.5.1 released
RE: OSCAR v1.5.1 released
In my memory, you can put an exception in F-Secure for all the bin of OSCAR*.
From France. English spoken. Equipped since end of 2009. ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset since November 2023.
Linux user since 2009 --> current main distribution : Xubuntu 22.04 (laptop)
LUG (named ALDIL) Member since 2015. certifications : ITIL© and ISTQB©

We see this every time we push a new release.  Why?  Because OSCAR does not pay monthly fees to have our software pre-certified.  Since it's inception OSCAR has never even asked for a donation.  We literally have no budget and OSCAR is and has always been free and there are no plans of any kind to change that.

As long as you have gotten OSCAR from Sleepfiles.com it is good.

I'm surprised your program said it was Malware as it is not.  The common phrase is "suspected" or "potential" malware as new files of various types are often given those labels as any file that can house executable code COULD contain malware.

There is often some form of "more info" button that enabled you to "run anyway" or you may need to disable your virus protection to install OSCAR.
The main 'issue' is that the installer is not digitally signed, which raises a red flag in the OS/AV, as it thinks it may have been tampered with. Therefore, it becomes suspicious and gets a label 'potential malware'.

Until the installer (and all underlying built binaries) are signed, these issues are to be expected.

See for example https://www.computer.org/publications/te...ertificate

@Gideon: would it make sense to put text files with hashes (as well as explanations on how to confirm the hash locally) next to the installers, such that people who download the software can manually verify the integrity?
Didn't fix the problem of Oscar remembering the location of the Wellue O2 data files...
Hello, I downloaded the 1.5 version but when I went to install I noticed it was trying to change some of my drivers so I aborted the install and went to my oscar program where it showed the current version 1.4  I went to the help tab and tried the check for updates and it told me 1.4 was the latest version. I don't understand why the Oscar program is showing 1.4 not 1.5 and telling me I have the latest version(1.4)
Tom
We uncovered an error in the latest version processing. That has been fixed and will work going forward.

The latest is 1.5.1.
Tommc,

Can you be more specific as to "changing drivers". Do you recall which one(s) were stated during the install?

Also verify you are downloading from the official site. Click the OSCAR icon in the black ribbon at the top of this page, or follow this link: https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/
Jeff8356

NOTE:
Jeff8356 has not been active on forums since October, 2023.
He cannot reply to you.

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Thanks so much!

Just wanted to add, I came to the forum today (infrequent visitor) because I had a problem. About a week after a new ASV prescription, I suddenly was not getting Daily Data.
So I came to the SW Support forum to ask for help figuring it out. When I saw a new version, I debated whether I should try it.  Then I did, and it SOLVED the problem Smile
Figured I'd mention this in case anyone else encountered the same problem. Do the update !  (still can't explain why it happened, but the main thing is, it seems to work now)

Appreciate your work.
Hello, when you click on the 1.5 exe file a popup box comes up with a download button. if you click on it  you will launch a download file for "Driver Update | one.". I went back and closed out this "popup" and then was able to   download the proper file and launch it from the exe file on my PC
We've received no reports of anything like what you're describing.  There are no "popups" or anything that would cause a message like "Driver Update | one." on the official OSCAR download page.  The only thing you should see is the window to download the executable file for OSCAR onto your PC.  If you're getting anything other than this, I'd check your own computer and/or web browser for add-ons, a virus, malware or adware or something else that's causing it.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will an OSCAR update ever be released? guzzle 3 496 03-07-2024, 07:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR v1.5.0 released Jeff8356 51 7,108 09-23-2023, 01:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  OSCAR v1.4.0 is released GuyScharf 76 17,218 08-07-2023, 11:02 AM
Last Post: LookingForACleverHandle
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released [old archived thread] Gideon 36 8,442 02-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  OSCAR v1.3.1 is released GuyScharf 25 5,780 06-11-2022, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Eztimes97

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.