Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New version doesn't find profile
New version doesn't find profile
Installed latest version expecting it to see my existing profile but only appears to let me create a new one? I'm sure there's a workaround - what s it?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New version doesn't find profile
Please provide a little more information.  Operating System, your old version of OSCAR, and if you previously placed your OSCAR_Data folder somewhere other than the default location.  Where does the new version expect to find your data directory (Help → About OSCAR ⇾ Show data folder)?
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe it was always found on my CPAP card. There are two folders...DATALOG and SETTINGS.

There is also a folder titled OSCAR data that resides in a cloud-associated folder (like Google Drive) accessible on my laptop. The previous version would always automatically load my profile when I inserted the SD card but now it does not.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not talking about your SD card, I'm referring to the directory where OSCAR stores its data. If the OSCAR_Data directory is not local (meaning it is on your computer), then that is your problem. OSCAR was not designed to use a remote storage location for this directory. There isn't any provision built in to handle any communication latency. When OSCAR starts, if it doesn't immediately see the data directory, it is flagged as not having one.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thats fine and it's easy enough for me to relocate that folder locally ... but where and how to do Point OSCAR to it?
Post Reply Post Reply
If it didn't find it and required you to create a new profile, I'm guessing it will be located in its default location. To see where OSCAR is looking for the data, got to Help → About OSCAR → Show data folder.

Barring success, we can always instruct OSCAR to use a new path. This can be achieved by starting OSCAR using the command line and a variable setting.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Got it to work. Had to create a second profile but then it found and pulled in all my data. A separate step added historical data so all good.
Post Reply Post Reply
The answer to this issue is in post.

https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread...#pid507969
Look at post OSCAR-lost-my-profiles #13
LoudSnorer
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Version 1.4 morningstar 0 115 09-02-2024, 02:26 PM
Last Post: morningstar
  Oscar not finding profile PJohnson 4 158 09-01-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: PJohnson
  Cannot find ViHeath directory on my phone Pixel Ninja 10 732 08-23-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: BenB
  OSCAR -revert to previous version munthike 1 270 08-11-2024, 12:58 PM
Last Post: munthike
  Cant find Somnopose data in daily view graph Joey76 2 228 07-18-2024, 12:45 PM
Last Post: Joey76
  Can't access profile or welcome screen unless I reinstall? DDMzzz 9 492 06-23-2024, 09:41 AM
Last Post: DDMzzz
  OSCAR Won't Let Me Add New Machine to Profile JeanneSB 2 348 05-28-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: JeanneSB

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.