Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

One month in - narrowing pressure range?
One month in - narrowing pressure range?
Hello! I'm a little over a month into treatment and have been learning as much as I can since my diagnosis in early August. 

For background, I was diagnosed via a Lofta home test with an AHI of 12.1 and an RDI of 20.9. My neurologist ordered the test after I complained about insomnia symptoms. 

My starting settings were 4-20, and at my first follow-up with my provider this was narrowed to 4-10 (apparently, was supposed to be 4-12 to start, but my DME set my machine up wrong). I've also tried a series of masks (N20 -> N30i/P10i - > P10) and settled on the F&P Brevida. At times, I still feel some nasal congestion, but have been addressing this with flonase + antihistamines. I started with auto ramp, then setting it for different fixed amounts of time, but most recently have turned it off. 

Overall, my nights are inconsistent. Some nights I go to sleep no issue and can stay asleep for 2-3 hours., while other nights I wake up after about an hour. I usually take a break from the mask for a few hours during the night before putting it back on. It's hit or miss whether I can go to sleep a second time. Some nights I can get another 2ish hours, another 1 hour, or just lay awake until I hit 4 hours. I also am managing migraine and moderate asthma, and sometimes those symptoms contribute to my poor sleep (I'm only control medications for both, but nothing is perfect). 

Since I've done a lot of troubleshooting with my mask, and the top end of my pressure range has been adjusted, I am wondering if it makes sense to raise the bottom end of my pressure slightly? My best two recent nights of sleep are below from Oscar, as well as last night. I've seen a lot of advice to set the minimum to 7, but this would be higher than my 95% pressure most nights. I also notice my EPR is set to ramp only (and my starting pressure is too low for it anyways), but worry about getting treatment emergent centrals. 

I'm grateful for any insight and have seen how much this board has helped other new users!

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: One month in - narrowing pressure range?
Welcome to the forum.

I would start by setting your minimum pressure to 7 cm, 4cm is too low for adults.  Give it a few days and see how you are sleeping then post some more charts.
I am not an expert...just a long time user.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Narrowing airway needs increased pressure? THEVGE 0 62 09-25-2024, 01:15 AM
Last Post: THEVGE
  [CPAP] 8 Month old Resmed Airsense 10 making a whirring noise JonMichael85 8 16,137 08-23-2024, 05:57 PM
Last Post: xirokx
Question Z2 pressure vs Airsense11 pressure jwalker5 2 199 08-17-2024, 12:11 PM
Last Post: jwalker5
  Very low pressure range seems to be right for me SkySleep 20 874 08-03-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Treatment] 1 Month into treatment. How am I doing? RowdyGirl 1 276 06-16-2024, 06:32 PM
  Sleep HQ 1 month of data review slipperslacroix 2 555 05-25-2024, 03:23 PM
  [Symptoms] Help my symptoms got better at first but then they came back after a month LordofthStrings 15 1,562 05-19-2024, 08:43 PM
Last Post: LordofthStrings

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.