Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New user, one month in, settings advice?
New user, one month in, settings advice?

Started APAP one month ago.  Tried N30i, F30i, N20 masks.  Tried each one for about a week, and kept them on for the insurance-mandated 4 hours, but never slept well.  One week ago I started with Bleep Dreamports, and having more success.  At same time I also started mouth taping.  Less leaking and able to sleep for several hours with Dreamports on.

With all of these masks I have a lot of trouble with "chipmunk cheeks". My initial prescription for pressure was 5 - 15 (as is usual), but after a week I changed it, trying to reduce the chipmunk cheeks (but so far without much success).  I am considering trying the VCOM.  However, the VCOM promotional material emphasizes that the VCOM is to improve "comfort", and it's not clear to me whether it would help much with the cheek puffing.  I wonder if I should stay with APAP for a while more and experiment with different pressure settings?

The VCOM website says I should change my machine to CPAP settings, and maybe increase the pressure because the VCOM reduces flow somewhat.  I am uneasy about making these changes because I don't fully understand all the implications of changing pressures up or down.

Any advice about current settings, or advice about trying VCOM?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CA events - Advice lukewpc 5 332 09-30-2024, 04:27 PM
Last Post: lukewpc
  [Treatment] New user looking for tuning, tips, and advice cjt324 3 239 09-28-2024, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  One month in - narrowing pressure range? nwilson 1 174 09-24-2024, 03:12 PM
Last Post: Old Steve
  [Treatment] somniosus - Therapy Thread [new user looking for initial settings advice] somniosus 1 162 09-22-2024, 03:50 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  oscar advice deepsouthmike 4 232 09-14-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: deepsouthmike
  Need Advice -- Having A Lot of Issues npolite 3 302 09-13-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: npolite
  Seeking Advice on BiPAP AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings for Upper Airway Resistance Syndro chacha897d 1 331 09-07-2024, 08:13 PM
Last Post: CPAPfriend

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.