Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please help with treatment review
RE: Please help with treatment review
most local pharmacies, especially the big ones, have soft cervical collars for under $20 usd.

your leaks are much lower and oa is up a bit. the oa are clustered enough a collar will probably sort them out. flow limitations are low so maybe epr 2 is adequate. time will tell.

it's impossible to tell at this scale but the first hour & a couple other raggedy places in your flow rate may well be the result of movement. if so, that has to be addressed separately from pap.

I wouldn't be concerned about the ca at its current rate, particularly since they seem to mostly occur in areas of disturbed breathing, possibly associated with movement & sleep wake transitions. that's all speculation, but there aren't enough of them to worry about in any case.

I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure your csr is not csr. I think it's more like relatively normal breathing, maybe a bit of recovery breathing, interspersed by pfft pfft pfft lip leaks. a collar may help that too.

unless others have suggestions I'd carry on with these settings unless something changes substantially or you decide you feel worse than at the higher min pressure.
  Shy   I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Post Reply Post Reply
pholynyk, any idea why the pressure lines in Dave's most recent screenshot are double weighted? I think I remember seeing that in SH or a much earlier version of oscar.
  Shy   I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Post Reply Post Reply
Not only are there intervals of (bold =? double-weight), but both the IPAP and EPAP are the same colour.

The two green lines could be set in the Preferences - the default is green for IPAP and red for EPAP.

I have no ideas why we see the intermittent extra weight (fuzziness?) in either line.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave, a couple screenshots for your reference. one is the full night with an area around 2:30 that looks similar to your 1st hour flow rate. the other is a 10 minute view clearly indicative of plm. not quite the same as your more sinusoidal pattern but I'm pretty sure I've occasionally had a 'softer' pattern similar to yours. probably not the only cause of a hairbrushy flow rate but you've mentioned problems with plm. looking for flow rate patterns may help you try to figure out why you're not feeling rested.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks pholynyk!
Much appreciated.
Dave
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I just ordered a Velpeau soft collar from a_azon canada.
Pholynyk I don't plan to be inToronto. I'll make note of your suggestion.

Thanks!
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-11-2021, 01:30 PM)pholynyk Wrote: Not only are there intervals of (bold =? double-weight), but both the IPAP and EPAP are the same colour.

The two green lines could be set in the Preferences - the default is green for IPAP and red for EPAP.

I have no ideas why we see the intermittent extra weight (fuzziness?) in either line.

I'm colourblind.  Red Green
I checked preferences.  
EPAP looks like brown. Maybe it's green for someone else.
IPAP looks like orange. Maybe it's red for someone else.

Smile
Dave
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
My plan tonight is to tape up again.
Use my home-made pad under my chin.
Sleep. Maybe I won't wakeup til breakfast time. That would surely be nice.

Beginning to think I must surely be transportating..wish I could pick the destination.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
iWatch 6 Sleep Report AutoSleep APP
I apologize. Tried to copy it here from an email.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-11-2021, 02:20 PM)sheepless Wrote: Dave, a couple screenshots for your reference. one is the full night with an area around 2:30 that looks similar to your 1st hour flow rate. the other is a 10 minute view clearly indicative of plm. not quite the same as your more sinusoidal pattern but I'm pretty sure I've occasionally had a 'softer' pattern similar to yours. probably not the only cause of a hairbrushy flow rate but you've mentioned problems with plm. looking for flow rate patterns may help you try to figure out why you're not feeling rested.

Thanks sheepless.

Back when I thought I could tune motorcycles I learned the hard way to look at simple things first.  And change one thing at a time. Then I learned I was no racer, and quit tuning.

I am trying to make my under-jaw pad work. But all 3  of them are torn. Two are bad.  I can sew those up....
MEC is my supplier. They don't carry them anymore. So writing is on the wall. 

I've ordered a real pad from the local amazon. 

I'll keep taping. I'll use my home made pad--phtograph it on me sometime  

Last night I changed 2 things

* my pad, but on upside down
* lowered Pmn by 1
* I taped.  Right across my lips with 2" wide tape. same as night before.

My leakage  was really low. My AHI was unacceptable. I *think* that Pmin was too low. I'll up it by 1/2 splitting the distance.

I won't change the colour on the graph. No point. I can't see it right anyway. ;Wink and I didn't change it when I installed V3 of OSCAR
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] APAP Settings Review falcon940 2 189 10-23-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: falcon940
  ac123 Treatment Thoughts/Help ac123 25 1,559 10-23-2024, 12:47 PM
Last Post: ac123
  SleepyCPAP’s Treatment Thread - Palatal Prolapse AlaxoStent SleepyCPAP 103 14,502 10-22-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: fudo
  Review My Oscar Data; Any Recommendations? Websurfer49 1 116 10-21-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Help With CPAP Treatment (Oscar Help) Bosox6177 2 150 10-19-2024, 12:02 AM
Last Post: Bosox6177
Question Central Apnea - Treatment Emergent vs Altitude ausername 4 247 10-17-2024, 05:50 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Thumbsup [Diagnosis] New issues after 4 years of treatment Compton2233 4 254 10-17-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: Compton2233

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.