Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please help with treatment review
RE: Please help with treatment review
You never know, though. The pmin might be just fine, and one night is just one snapshot.

Great job so far.

QAL
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes. I know. 

So is a sleep study.  One night; maybe an hour and a half out of a night.  ;-)
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
looking much better I think. let's hope it holds. increasing min a hair looks like a good move as your oa and ca are lower, there's no flagged periodic breathing (csr) and leaks are much better than at higher pressure. the latest screenshot showing far fewer mouth leaks. idk if that's from lower pressure or tape or both but it's the result that counts. a good fitting collar should help with residual mouth leaks and the few relatively clustered oa you're having. your ca is minor and seems to mostly occur during the troubled breathing/hairbrushy areas. if those areas reflect plm, you may be holding your breath against the insult of movement. hopefully you're feeling better at these settings but if you continue to get these results for a while and still feel poorly, I think the next step is to look into what's causing those hairbrushy areas and some treatment for plm. nothing I've tried stops plm completely but an inexpensive TENS/EMS unit (transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulator/electronic muscle stimulator) used on my lower back and rear upper thighs for 30-60 minutes in the evening is the best thing I've found so far to relieve mine.
  Shy   I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks sheepless. I dropped pressure back last night. Pmin at 10. Horrible night.
I'll set it at Pmin = 10.6 again.

CSR was absolutely terrible.
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
sunday night December 12th.

almost non compliant...
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi DaveL, I said I'd post this showing my REM sleep...

The highlighted areas are highly likely REM state sleep.

[Image: fPbgrNd.png]

QAL
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. That helps.

Last night -- I slept in by mistake. That helps. I need to be wary of sleep hours. Sleep longer. Go to bed at regular time.

Today my new cervical collar came. I'll use it tonight.

Tape is helping. Really helping.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
you could be developing a problem with ca but i doubt it. your events, including ca, tend to occur in the more troubled areas of your flow rate. the few views of your 'csr' I've seen don't look like csr to me, suggesting (to this completely unqualified respondent) they aren't related to a heart condition (again, this is reasoned speculation; I have no training/expertise about such things).

you have have said a number of times that you suffer plm. it would explain your long lived fatigue, inconsistent results, variable hairbrushy flow rate, prevalence of ca in those areas and periodic breathing flagged as csr. it might even bear in part on your leak problem.

you've been papping longer than most and tried lots if settings. I suspect apnea and pap aren't the current problem and solution.

no guarantees of course but imo you'd be well advised to devote some attention to movement now while continuing to fine tune pressure settings & leak mitigation.
  Shy   I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks sheepless/
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Your responses help a lot. Last night was better.
Time to start using the new soft cervical collar. It arrived! Time for unboxing.
Time to see what time brings, I think.

iWatch says I moved 1/2 as much last night as other nights. It says my sleep period was longer And I woke up feeling better rested. That's a miracle.

"you've been papping longer than most and tried lots if settings. I suspect apnea and pap aren't the current problem and solution. "Yes but. Most of my time being a hoser was wasted.
I didn't know about this forum and Sleepyhead & OSCAR. I had a lot of learning to do.

I appreciate all the hints.

With alll those bad-treatment years in I must be pretty stubborn or pretty scared.

DaveL
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] APAP Settings Review falcon940 2 189 10-23-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: falcon940
  ac123 Treatment Thoughts/Help ac123 25 1,559 10-23-2024, 12:47 PM
Last Post: ac123
  SleepyCPAP’s Treatment Thread - Palatal Prolapse AlaxoStent SleepyCPAP 103 14,501 10-22-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: fudo
  Review My Oscar Data; Any Recommendations? Websurfer49 1 116 10-21-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Help With CPAP Treatment (Oscar Help) Bosox6177 2 150 10-19-2024, 12:02 AM
Last Post: Bosox6177
Question Central Apnea - Treatment Emergent vs Altitude ausername 4 246 10-17-2024, 05:50 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Thumbsup [Diagnosis] New issues after 4 years of treatment Compton2233 4 254 10-17-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: Compton2233

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.