Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please help with treatment review
RE: Please help with treatment review
I'm glad to see a return to good results. It will be best to avoid changing machine settings, and look for other factors and aids external to the CPAP therapy to make further improvements. It's surprising how sensitive you seem to be to changing those settings and masks.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks sleeprider

I was amazed with the results trying one mask
* ResMed P30i
* Modified with Resprionics strap, as others have done--it's the adjustable strap at the back of the head gear with plastic pieces dropping down to the velcro strap

AHI=43! for the 1 hour nap I had!

That was what was measured about 35 years ago in my first sleep study, where I was diagnosed with OSA.

Was the result like a titration?
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Benchmark--28 Jan 2022
Feeling better.

Good sleep

* Brand new ResMed N20 with Respironics velcro strap added to headgear
* Tape
* Soft cervical collar

I'm so grateful for a good night's sleep.
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-16-2022, 11:27 AM)Ratchick Wrote: At what settings have your results been at their best, with all the recent changes? It looks like 14-19 with EPR 3 was working well, so maybe go back to that? And then work on the mask fit.

Please let me know how your treatment is going.  You helped me so much!  Be safe. I'm very grateful for your help
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
I had a sleep tech tell me that some people are sensitive to pillow masks because of how they directly blow air into the nose whereas nasal masks make for a more normal breathing process. That might be why nasal mask works for you but pillow mask did not.
Post Reply Post Reply
I used a Breeze pillow mask for 5 years when I started. Sure looks like I can't use one now.

Thanks for your comment.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Tape Warning
night before last i had my N20 mask on. I was taped.  I was using my cervical collar.

I sneezed twice.

My back is sore as a son of a gun. I rolled into a ball when i sneezed.

Result?

I got my Knightsbridge Dual Strap out.  Used that and my N20 mask.  NO TAPE. And I forgot to use any pad at all. That wasn't intentional 

Here's the results.  My bag is still sore. I'll be using a cane today.

Head's up Larry!  This is a good reason to use the Knightsbridge Dual Band.

Concern---flow limits. There are so many of them.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
as good a chart as I've seen from you in a while! don't sweat the flow limitations. low at .19, a wee bit persistent at .05 in the 95%tile column; not nearly high enough to worry about.
  Shy   I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks sheepless! I'm grateful.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Feeling good
Thanks everyone.

Last night--
* N20 mask
* Knightsbridge Dual Band hat
* soft collar.

Woke up this morning when my alarm went off. 6:30 a.m. I couldn't see out of my right eye.  The Knightsbridge had slipped down over that eye.  I followed Larry's instructions when I bought it...and last night put it on over my N20 mask. (That instruction is now on his site.  I wish it was there from the beginning!)

I would have had 0 as a score; I was awake trying to see!

The Knightsbridge has a velcro attachment on the bottom at the back. I'll tighten that before I sleep tonight.

Taping--my back is still sore from sneezing twice into my mask a few nights ago. I rolled up into ball when I sneezed.  Darn it hurt.  I was taped across my lips and of course had my mask on.  
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] APAP Settings Review falcon940 2 185 10-23-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: falcon940
  ac123 Treatment Thoughts/Help ac123 25 1,551 10-23-2024, 12:47 PM
Last Post: ac123
  SleepyCPAP’s Treatment Thread - Palatal Prolapse AlaxoStent SleepyCPAP 103 14,497 10-22-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: fudo
  Review My Oscar Data; Any Recommendations? Websurfer49 1 114 10-21-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Help With CPAP Treatment (Oscar Help) Bosox6177 2 150 10-19-2024, 12:02 AM
Last Post: Bosox6177
Question Central Apnea - Treatment Emergent vs Altitude ausername 4 244 10-17-2024, 05:50 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Thumbsup [Diagnosis] New issues after 4 years of treatment Compton2233 4 250 10-17-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: Compton2233

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.