Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please help with treatment review
RE: Please help with treatment review
Dave, it sure looks like you're back on the right track, and it's good to see you not making lots of changes with this success.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Sleeprider.
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

My DME supplier helped. I went to them. They "loaned" me a new N20 mask. I'll pay for it gladly.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Felt pretty good.

Celebrating.

N20 mask
Knightsbridge Dual Band.  Got it on right last night Larry
Soft cervical collar.

Didn't wake up.  

Just checking in.

DaveL

Big Guy!  I'm searing this memory in my brain. I'll bring the memory back out when I'm feeling my cpap doesn't work.

Ratchick!  Hope you're here to see. Your comments helped me a lot.

Every One!  you'll make me a believer yet...!!
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Pressure too low....
Feeling--ok, but with concern

N20 mask
Other Knightsbridge Dual Band cap.  This one isn't at all the same as the other one It's tighter.  Quality control is poor.  Bought at the same time from Larry directly.
Soft cervical collar.

My take--and I don't know much--my reaction is that I must raise my pressure. Apap bounced off the limits.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
DAVEL I would not boost pressure if that were my results. I would review some of the posts that talk about the resistance and flow limitations that seem to spawn bigger jumps in pressure and seem to be in higher proportion at higher pressures. What I would do if this were mine, is reduce the maximum pressure to about 14 or 14.5. So min 12 max 14.5. You basically get no benefit from boosts above 14.

QAL
Post Reply Post Reply
edit: QAL I want to thank you for your suggestion.

I've gone through a difficult OSA time when I tried two masks---it destroyed my OSA treatment for about 3 weeks. The people on the forum have been really helpful getting me back on track.

I didn't boost it; However, I'm leaving it as it is as this was successful before as was suggested by people here.

I ordered a ResMed N30i from one of the suppliers on the list. I've worn it two nights. First night was magical. I added the Respironics tail piece that some use. It's wonderful. Used my soft cervical collar. No pillow. Advantage? Can't wear the Knightsbridge Dual Band cap. So I didn't. (I know. I could put the cap on first, then add the N30i/Respironics. I'm trying to simplify my life.)

Last night was rough. I wore the mask the same way. Fatal flaw? I used my cpap pillow. That seems to release the Respironics strap on the back a little, so I had leakage. I didn't sleep well.

Why did this work and the P30i/Respironics was attrocious during my recent trial? I used the fit gauge before I bought the mask. [My DME supplier doesn't bother. They supplied the wrong nose pillow piece. AND they charge $300CDN!. The vendor on the list provided the whole kit--choice of two frame sizes, not one. And the mask bag had 3 inserts with it. I used the SW insert. Why did I try it? I had used 3 Respirnics Dreamwear masks. During the trial I wanted to use the nasal pillows version. The Dreamwear caused a bump on my nostril, which finally had to be sergically removed.]
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
New Mask N30i with Respironics offset back strap and ResMed strap
I've been experimenting with this mask.

Bought it for a fraction of the cost that my N20's have cost....my recent N20 from my DME supplier was $300 + $39 tax = 339$ CDN
N30i was $115 + 13$ tax= $128 CDN.

I've tried a bunch of combinations.  Went from so-so to "See your DME for a new mask!"  

Then I found the fix.

Final fit:

Standard headgear
SW insert

ResMed velcro strap on.
Respironics offset strap from the Dreamwear.  So it rides lower on the back of my skull.

Last night:

Until about 5:00 am.
N30i with both straps on
tape
soft cervical collar

Got up and ran down the hall....

Then:
N20 mask
Soft cervical Collar off
took tape off.  

Slept a few more hours.

Why did I change masks?  befuddled...it was late.   Sleep-well
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Milestone
Feelings....tired but happy

Last night I prepared by:
* putting on N20 mask
* taping my lips
* putting on the soft cervical collar
* no pillow...haven't used one in a while

Regrets?
* should have gone to bed earlier

Happy
* Good sleep

What a change from a month ago when I foolishly tried two trial masks.  P30i (modified with Respironics strap from Dreamwear), and F30i

I wish the F30i had worked.  That's the 8th or so full face mask I've tried in the last few years. Life would be so much easier with a full face mask.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
AHI=0 last night. Woke up feeling better.

Thanks everyone.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
You don't know what you don't know.
Woke up twice last night.

Maybe 4:00 a.m.?  I had taped my lips shut  I was using my ResMed N20 nasal mask

Then around 8:00 a.m.  I had removed the tape. I was using my soft cervical collar.

Felt so-so but ok.

Later i printed the chart off.

Blew my mind.

All my leakage that MyAir showed was when I had my lips taped. Have no idea why I had leaks.

Later session worked well.  Soft cervical collar came through. It's not comfortable.

Reminds me of the first 12 years of cpap therapy using Respironics bricks.  Clock told me I was compliant. That's all.  Ignorance is bliss.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] APAP Settings Review falcon940 2 184 10-23-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: falcon940
  ac123 Treatment Thoughts/Help ac123 25 1,551 10-23-2024, 12:47 PM
Last Post: ac123
  SleepyCPAP’s Treatment Thread - Palatal Prolapse AlaxoStent SleepyCPAP 103 14,497 10-22-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: fudo
  Review My Oscar Data; Any Recommendations? Websurfer49 1 113 10-21-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Help With CPAP Treatment (Oscar Help) Bosox6177 2 150 10-19-2024, 12:02 AM
Last Post: Bosox6177
Question Central Apnea - Treatment Emergent vs Altitude ausername 4 244 10-17-2024, 05:50 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Thumbsup [Diagnosis] New issues after 4 years of treatment Compton2233 4 250 10-17-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: Compton2233

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.