Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please help with treatment review
RE: Please help with treatment review
Been away for a couple of days.
Oh my. Strange house. Humidifier tank dried out in the S10 both nights used.
No tape.

But cervical collar and N20. Leaks beyond belief first night. Took real care putting the mask on. Took it all apart both nights and carefully adjusted it. No myAir today; just got home. I haven't had a chance to download my data card from the S10.

Thanks so much for your kind message. Merry Christmas. And Happy New Year!
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Back to apap; need to review my settings. did them from memory
Night before last.
So lucky to be at a friend's place for Xmas.

Mask.  Leaks like crazy.  Woke up feeling like _hit.  brain fog....no mental ability at all.  Collar on.  Mask on.  No tape.

Last night---switched back to apap. Figured I had to the reservoir was dry night before.   House was cold and dry.
This morning==humidifier was dry. House still cold and dry.  Think that the S10 reservoir/tank is too small.

We were in Midland. Heaven for me.  Old Leica Factory there. I watch for people in town....hoping to hear what it was like working in the motherland. Had two Leicas.  M3/dual stroke. M4P which was made in Midland as far as I know.

Migraine hit me at 4:00 pm or so. Had been back home in TO for several hours.  Darn thing won't go.  Bryonia is what I'm taking.  Before i took it felt like I was hit by a bus. My brain hurts. Had migraines since I was 18 or so. Gets hard to talk.  So I just shut up.

Brain fog in a bad way.  

Boxing day//no shopping for me.

Dave
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Leaks are really affecting your therapy. Maybe good time to put Knightsbridge cap back on?
Definitely tape.

Hopefully the more expert guys/gals can chime in for some more suggestions.
Post Reply Post Reply
Knightsbridge Dual Band Cap//APAP
Slept longer.   I feel better than yesterday.

used: Knightsbridge DB cap
soft cervical collar
N20 mask

no tape...
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
I've messed up the date on my S10.  Time is right; I tried to set it back a day and couldn't.
Shouldn't set up my machine when I'm travelling and it's late....

@nightgagger thanks for your comment. I had the knightsbridge on and did sleep.  I don't know what caused the leaks.  Straps on the KDB were tight.  

I'm going to tape for sure. Tonight.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
brain fog is an understatement
Taped!  I think I need to accept this and do it every day.
No Knightsbridge DB---disappointed in the KDB

N20--wiped, cleaned. Checked and changed the hose to the heated hose. The one that came with this mask is sloppy at the connector.  Poorly made.

Shorter sleep period. Went to bed too late.   Oh-jeezand yesterday was rough day.

I have memory issues too. Just getting old.  Blood O/two is fine.  I'm really glad I was diagnosed about 35 years ago.  

Yesterday I increased EPR to 3 from 2.  Flow limits are much better.
Leakage---I'm ticked off.  After all I had tape on so whatever is there is somewhere between me and the ResMed S10*for her*

DaveL
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
You and I are in the same boat with regards to taping. I have to every day when using pillows and nasal masks. It's just part and parcel of this therapy. And technically I've been doing it for the past year now, out of the three years that I've been on CPAP.

As far as the KB cap, yeah, that's a bit of a comfort killer, but in my case it has helped in keeping a constant leak amount depending on mask. I'm not going to be happy during the hot months though. This is a perfect cap for winter right now.

I think your leaks aren't too bad, but could be the lips or mouth relaxing just so that air is working through the tape.

On the plus side, your AHI, and flow limits look good. Also you're pressure is very constant and not bouncing up and down as I've seen some people have. That gives you a good narrow range.

Hopefully the other experts here can chime in.
Post Reply Post Reply
i wish your flow rate was less choppy. does the for her machine have a soft mode &/or a for her mode & have you experimented with them? not sure what they do exactly but you've tried just about everything else. alternatively, if you're using those, what happens if you stop? (shootin' in the dark here.)
  Shy   I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Post Reply Post Reply
I'll try the *for her* mode. Thanks sheepless!

nightgagger when I first tried the 2 Knightsbridge Dual Bands I bought (1 and a spare) it was perfect.After a while it was awful. Trying to make it right, I did it up so tight it hurt. Until about noon the next day. Then it started sliding forward. Over one eye...luckiily never over two. I've washed them carefully. I've tried the adjustment at the back every which way I can. even yesterday morning i couldn't see out of one eye because it slipped ahead. And I used the instructions to make sure I had the right size when I bought them.
I'm in this to win. Except 35 years is a long time to be playing this game.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Woke up feeling rested
N20 mask as usual

soft cervical collar as usual  Wish it was 1/2 an inch lower....

tape

Slept right through!  Wonderful!
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] APAP Settings Review falcon940 2 188 10-23-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: falcon940
  ac123 Treatment Thoughts/Help ac123 25 1,559 10-23-2024, 12:47 PM
Last Post: ac123
  SleepyCPAP’s Treatment Thread - Palatal Prolapse AlaxoStent SleepyCPAP 103 14,501 10-22-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: fudo
  Review My Oscar Data; Any Recommendations? Websurfer49 1 116 10-21-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Help With CPAP Treatment (Oscar Help) Bosox6177 2 150 10-19-2024, 12:02 AM
Last Post: Bosox6177
Question Central Apnea - Treatment Emergent vs Altitude ausername 4 246 10-17-2024, 05:50 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Thumbsup [Diagnosis] New issues after 4 years of treatment Compton2233 4 253 10-17-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: Compton2233

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.