Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Horrible aerophagia :( Suggestions for pressure and settings please
Horrible aerophagia :( Suggestions for pressure and settings please
I have had my cpap for 3 months now. I started with an F20 full face mask and pressure 4-20. The aerophagia got really bad so I switched to nasal pillows. That and lowering the pressure have helped a lot but for some reason in the last week I have felt like a balloon again and it's so uncomfortable. I love everything about having a cpap except for this and I don't know what to do. I've adjusted my settings many times so at this point I think I"m feeling confused. 

These screen shots are from what my settings were a few days ago when the aerophagia seemed to get much worse, and then there are screenshots from last night after I changed some of my settings. I've basically had some level of aerophagia the last 3 months but some points have been worse. 

I had changed (last week) my ramp settings to 'Auto' and then changed it back to 30 minutes last night. I also have some pressure level changes in both. 

Thank you in advance for your help. This has been such a difficult process and I'm really hoping to get some relief.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Horrible aerophagia :( Suggestions for pressure and settings please
It seems that you have different EPR settings. When you have aerophagia and low CAs, you should use the maximum setting, EPR = 3.
I would suggest turning off the ramp as well.
Although it can make your aerophagia worse, you can reduce OAs with a max pressure setting of 11. But you should find your compromise with aerophagia.
Sleeping position can dramatically change the pressure delivered. Side sleeping is associated with lower pressure and reduced aerophagia. A soft collar is also advised.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  YouTube Suggestions? rishey 1 31 1 hour ago
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [CPAP] New to therapy and CPAP, Aerophagia issue Aplar 12 233 Yesterday, 11:01 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Fix aerophagia for cheap VINEDIGGER 8 217 07-03-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: VINEDIGGER
  Can someone help me to see if I need to adjust my pressure settings kalannar 14 440 07-03-2024, 09:35 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Gross [Symptoms] Severe Aerophagia Ottoman1453 1 119 07-02-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Looking for suggestions chzuck 43 1,778 06-19-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
Question Do people use EPR? and suggestions for use WallyPepper 13 415 06-18-2024, 05:22 PM
Last Post: jlsmithseven

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.