Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] New to therapy and CPAP, Aerophagia issue
RE: New to therapy and CPAP, Aerophagia issue
Thank you, I have followed the advice and managed to reduce the leaks by over 60% compared to last nights! Which I am supper happy with as stomach/side sleeper constantly pushing the mask against pillow.

Getting it adjusted correctly was pretty irritating not gonna lie, but after spending some time in bed I think I managed to find a good fit that also does not push hard against my face.

Post Reply Post Reply
You've seen an improvement and that's great, but your mask was still leaking all night. That can't be providing optimal therapy.
Paula

"If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started I was desperately wishing to be where I am now."
Post Reply Post Reply
Great job of making improvements, but I still agree with paulag1955 in that your leaks could improve to optimize your pap therapy.    

In your OSCAR chart there is one time where your O's (the light blue bars) cluster together and there are a lot of them.  This is positional apnea.  When a person tucks their chin to their chest or "kinks" their airway like a garden hose, air flow can be limited.  This may have occurred from sleeping on you stomach.  A soft cervical collar can help prevent this, but I don't know how well that you would tolerate it sleeping on your stomach.  It may be more tolerated side sleeping.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP - Aerophagia? LFS9000 5 202 10-02-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Air Pressure Issue Vako 11 464 10-01-2024, 12:08 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  CPAP Mask Size Issue: Will Switching to a Large Prevent My Morning Headaches? sinanacar 5 371 09-28-2024, 07:17 AM
Last Post: sinanacar
Sad OSCAR SPO2 Import Issue from Vihealth(Checkme O2) MikeVet 2 156 09-26-2024, 06:14 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Bad Aerophagia - Help cyberfiche 4 304 09-22-2024, 01:50 PM
Last Post: cyberfiche
  ASV with Oxygen Drops, leaks and aerophagia redking2436 7 388 09-20-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  [Equipment] new to cpap therapy,. not having any success yet. sjlulz 3 170 09-15-2024, 01:00 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.