Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Aircurve 11 VAUTO vs. Aircurve 10 VAUTO
Aircurve 11 VAUTO vs. Aircurve 10 VAUTO
If you were going to purchase a new ResMed Aircurve machine and were using a Aircurve 10, would you upgrade to the Aircurve 11? Are there any distinct advantages to the Aircurve 11 vs. the Aircurve 10? 
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Aircurve 11 VAUTO vs. Aircurve 10 VAUTO
My opinion is while there are nuances between them, they are effectively the same machine. The 11 has a different motor, housing, etc, but they seemingly perform the same. I am sure there are some folks that will say different, but so far ResMed has proven worthy of trust. Not perfect, but solid.

If I was buying one I would opt for the 10, but if there were only 11’s available I would buy it without any doubts.
Post Reply Post Reply
if it's anything like the airsenses the biggest differences is support for bluetooth pulse oximeters instead of the proprietary module. then the acousticsignal thing if that matters to you. my understanding is that it's the same hardware between airsense and aircurve but maybe it's not.

supposedly the humidifier is not as good on the 11 but they hold the same amount of water, i think it's easier to spill but i don't use the humidifier so can't judge.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would get a 10. The 11 has a smaller motor and has received more complaints from users.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
From what I understand the 11 is louder and the humidifier tank is smaller. I feel that if this is true I  would be in trouble with the smaller tank because on my 10 it is nearly empty every night.
Post Reply Post Reply
the tank is not smaller, as demonstrated by LankyLefty https://youtu.be/TS7MV2TDQvY?si=eigKrowYcbtN9XTO&t=90
Post Reply Post Reply
Based on my Aircurve 10 Vauto and my wife's new Airsense 11 Autoset, the quality seems equal or better. She likes the new Airsense 11 more than her previous 10. As mentioned above, devices are functionally equivalent with slightly different form factors. There are not enough advantages either way that would cause me to pay more for the 11 than the 10.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Evidently, per LankyLefty, the 11 is easy to tip if you tug the hose in the night. I'm guessing the hose join at the back of the unit is fixed instead of a swivel. This was a non-starter for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
MrIvanDrago;
If I was using an AS 10 and had extra supplies for it I would get another AS 10 ..
Water tank, filters, and hose aren't interchangeable ..
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seeking Advice on BiPAP AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings for Upper Airway Resistance Syndro chacha897d 1 54 10 hours ago
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Resmed 10 vauto can hear breathing Officialdee 6 114 Yesterday, 06:14 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Equipment] Can I use Aircurve 10 ASV (PaceWave CS) instead of an Aircurve 10 Vauto ? Gillyweed 7 169 09-06-2024, 01:28 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
  Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV: Central Apnea Not Relieved RVSleeper 49 1,639 09-05-2024, 06:40 PM
Last Post: RVSleeper
Information [CPAP] Aircurve 11 Oscar Chart WeaponizedCactus 7 224 09-05-2024, 01:00 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Squealing Resmed AirCurve ASV FE350 2 102 09-03-2024, 11:06 PM
Last Post: FE350
  New resmed 10 vauto Officialdee 0 164 08-25-2024, 06:48 PM
Last Post: Officialdee

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.