Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Improving CA Index
Improving CA Index
Hey folks, I'm new here, though I've lurked for a while. Despite living in an area with a great healthcare industry, our sleep health expertise is lacking. I'm looking for some help adjusting. I had three sleep studies last year, and on the two that they got data from, I had AHI = 102 and ~30, respectively. Of course, with treatment of ~80 days I am seeing many benefits. I am, however, finding that I go through periods of success, followed by periods of being underwhelmed. I use the AirSense 11 on 8-20 (I was prescribed 5-20) cmH2O with a standard hose. I use the F20 full-face, though I've tried others without being able to go a whole night, and I use EPR of 1 cm and humidity of 4/10. I'm including some OSCAR data from a good day, last night, and a day around AHI=5. I'm looking to see why I'm able to get my OSA AHI way down, but am still struggling with CA AHI. I had hoped that increasing pressure would help with OSA, but it seems that I'm not getting a direct correlation as CAs are up--the same is true with leaks--some leaky nights are fine and some non-leaky nights are not fine. I've included three images, all AHI </= 5. Pressure was at 6 cm min. for worst night. I'm not including nights above AHI = 5 for now. I'd love to see my numbers consistently as low as some have them down around 1.
Thanks!

I meant to say that I am still feeling pretty fatigued. Non-drinker, non-smoker, minimal caffeine all before 10am, consistent bedtime, and I take Nuvigil.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Improving CA Index
A few zoomed in on Flow

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Improving sleep Notenoughzzs 8 438 06-21-2024, 08:47 AM
Last Post: Notenoughzzs
  Improving CPAP effectiveness flanksinatra 2 235 06-14-2024, 03:22 PM
Last Post: flanksinatra
  Should much higher Clear Airway Index than Obstructive Apnea Index be concerning? hypopneac 11 763 05-15-2024, 08:43 PM
Last Post: ac123
Question [Equipment] Apnea index, blood pressure, pulse and SpO2 stier52r043 0 508 02-25-2024, 11:49 AM
Last Post: stier52r043
  [Pressure] Improving ASV Treatment SleepyBoi97 5 500 01-26-2024, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Wayne41
  [Treatment] Request for help in improving therapy Evena 14 1,395 01-14-2024, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Help interpreting OSCAR results and improving AHI OSAsucks 8 843 09-12-2023, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.