Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Product Suggestions To Help Prevent Back Sleeping
Product Suggestions To Help Prevent Back Sleeping
Last year, after several years of sub 1.0 apneas per hour, my AHI started going up to now I am averaging 5.61. I have worn a soft cervical collar for years along with a chinstrap which use to work great. So I decided to record a video of me sleeping one night just to see what was happening. Looking at the timeline of the video matched up to the timeline of OSCAR, all my OA's where while sleeping on my back. As soon as I turned onto my side the apneas stopped. While having the apneas I could tell that my chin was still on top of the cervical collar so I know it is working. So apparently something has changed in my airway causing the increase in apneas. So now I am trying to find something to put under me to prevent me from sleeping on my back. I have tried the Woody backpack which is very cumbersome to sleep with and also a magnetic ball where one half goes inside your shirt and the other half on the outside. The problem I found with both of these is that some nights my AHI would be low but when I would go to turn over, it would wake me every time up leaving me just as tired as having alot of apneas. I was wondering if someone knows of something else that might work better.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Product Suggestions To Help Prevent Back Sleeping
Hello macaw, Amazon has all sorts of solutions. Search. “ prevent back sleeping “

At least it will give you some ideas.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-06-2024, 12:57 PM)mawaw1992 Wrote: I was wondering if someone knows of something else that might work better.

See the "Side sleep enforcer for positional apnea" post on this forum.
Post Reply Post Reply
A bed of nails might do it
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe you have other issues in your throat, and it’s not a positional thing? You could have a swollen something or other, uncoordinated throat muscles, dry mouth, etc. Internal nose issues? An allergy? I doubt the throat environment stays the same year after year.

Maybe look at your Oscar charts to see if there are some clues.
Post Reply Post Reply
Look in the google store for the app Torena. This app helped me staying off my back. You can set it to give an alarm if you lie on your back for longer than a set time. Data can also be imported into Oscar, so you can get a nice picture of what your sleeping position is doing to your breathing. Really a very good app for this! For more information: https://torena.koalative.com/
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-07-2024, 03:01 AM)edgnoj Wrote: Look in the google store for the app Torena. This app helped me staying off my back

Here you are the Cadillac version of Tornea:
[DME Link Removed] Search for nightshifttherapy

-----
Moderator Action: DME Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, links to DME-owned or DME-operated websites and links to pages that sell prescription-required items are prohibited in forum posts. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Horrible aerophagia :( Suggestions for pressure and settings please WildBelle 1 106 07-01-2024, 08:46 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Question Back up battery/generator for BiPap Aggie 18 555 06-30-2024, 05:46 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Looking for suggestions chzuck 43 1,724 06-19-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
Question Do people use EPR? and suggestions for use WallyPepper 13 397 06-18-2024, 05:22 PM
Last Post: jlsmithseven
  [CPAP] Going back to sleep with resmed 10 autoset hdsheena 4 239 06-14-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: hdsheena
  New user oscar results suggestions SaskRiverRat 5 313 06-12-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: SaskRiverRat
  Any tips for overnight bathroom trip? Mask back on? AJBU 3 223 06-08-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.