Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap
Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap
This is for Sleeprider.   Quite the change from when I originally posted a while back here, huh? :Smile   Definitely was classic jaw drop!  Remember all those 120 L/min leak rate nights?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap
bumping this
Post Reply Post Reply
Might be helpful to post some kind of reference to the original stats or a link to the old thread, some of us haven't been around here long enough to know what things were like before.
Look, I'm an engineer, not a doctor! Please don't take my opinion as a substitute for medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
We can see a median leak rate of nearly 12 L/min from a year ago and 95% leak rate over 66, compared to current 4/16.8 That is a 70 to 80% reduction in leaks, so a lot better. I recall the old charts were large leak most of the time and therapy was out of control.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-29-2024, 09:56 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: We can see a median leak rate of nearly 12 L/min from a year ago and 95% leak rate over 66, compared to current 4/16.8  That is a 70 to 80% reduction in leaks, so a lot better.  I recall the old charts were large leak most of the time and therapy was out of control.

Correct.  Average leak rate on many nights was over the ResMed 24L/min range cap and it was very, very common for me to have 95th% leaks of 100 L/min+.  Current numbers are a HUGE improvement from where I was the last 15+ years.  I now have occasional nights with a 95th% leak rate of 2 L/min.   I can't say any of this has translated to miracle improvements in health, but I have to think it is important regardless.

I'm using the same mask as I was a year ago, but the stopping of jaw dropping solved the issue. I'm just posting this in hopes someone else can be helped by this product that deals with the same problem I do.  Other chin straps had no effect for me and I tried 4-5 other ones in past years.  I couldn't tolerate any of them and the structure was weak.  I don't have any affiliation with the company.
Post Reply Post Reply
Let me share my concern with chinstraps I was using for years. They all pull my jaw backward, which can cause inhalation obstruction. Would it be better to use a neck brace and tape?
Post Reply Post Reply
G. Szabo

did you try the knightsbridge one? They're all nonsensical except that one, as far as I have inquired. Perhaps there are others that have a more sensible vector of force, but I've yet to uncover any.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How Are You Affected by Chin Tucking? BoxcarPete 6 1,178 09-06-2024, 03:47 AM
Last Post: Dodies
  Fixed Aerophagia using a Halo style chin strap ISeekRem 0 177 09-01-2024, 03:45 AM
Last Post: ISeekRem
  What works best? Chin strap or tape? JoshO71 7 298 08-30-2024, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
Question Under 1 AHI (great!) but what’s with the constant spikes on my breathing chart graph? JustG 5 291 08-25-2024, 02:47 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Chin Tucking as cause of apnea ejbpesca 122 9,818 08-04-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  AirSense 11 Update 5 4600.11.8 macbob 13 2,278 07-21-2024, 01:27 AM
Last Post: Melman
  Does an overhead strap bother anyone else? Cape67 2 241 07-17-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: Big Guy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.