Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Quietest Portable CPAP?
Quietest Portable CPAP?
I ordered one of the Resmed minis but returned it because it was too loud.  Are any of the others quieter?  Which is the quietest?  Smaller is better
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Quietest Portable CPAP?
You can try the vcom between the mask and the hose.
Post Reply Post Reply
You would be more happy with the A10 with the chamber removed and add the side plate. Also you can carry it in a soft cooler the size for a 6 pack. Slimline hose should also fit it the case. Depending on your mask and other stuff you may need a little bigger soft cooler.
Post Reply Post Reply
What is a VCOM?

Where do you get a block off plate for a Resmed?  I have never seen one.

thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Supplier #42 has them if you search for side cover. but most suppliers should have them.

they also sell v-com. it's a restrictor to lower ipap. you have to turn off epr to use it as it's pretty pointless to lower both ipap and epap. no idea how it would do for noise.
Post Reply Post Reply
Can I simply run my Resmed Airsense 10 with the humidifier tank removed to see how it performs?
Post Reply Post Reply
Not unless you have the cover plate replacement. The air travels from the air pump, through the humidifier area to the hose. If you turn off the humidifier, you can run with the tank empty. Some users do a passive humidification, where the humidifier is turned off and the tank has water.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
Project Manager for OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-01-2024, 10:18 AM)mcman56 Wrote: What is a VCOM?

Where do you get a block off plate for a Resmed?  I have never seen one.

thanks

It really helps with noise, it's what Nacrcil stated, and you can buy them on amazon.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is the side cover plate.  They come in both gray and black.  They are the same except for color.  Currently, the gray is $2 cheaper than the black. I'm showing the gray because it is a better image.
[Image: 31esiGMbo1L.jpg]

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
Project Manager for OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is a lot of foam behind the clips in the lower part of the cap. I hope it is better foam than Philips. Better take the foam out.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Portable Option - BiPap? MrIvanDrago 6 401 08-12-2024, 09:46 AM
Last Post: dwedward
  [Equipment] Portable CPAP/APAP battery life JPOPS 10 643 07-08-2024, 12:31 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Equipment] Portable Backup Power for Outages Craige 4 894 10-29-2023, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Craige
  Breas Z2 Auto Portable Auto-CPAP Machine Package kbingel 9 3,665 08-18-2023, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Txgeodigger
  Which cable for portable power supply? AndyJay2023 1 893 07-21-2023, 03:34 AM
Last Post: HappySailor
  Is there a quiet portable CPAP machine? mcman56 0 630 07-18-2023, 10:02 PM
Last Post: mcman56
  [Equipment] The Quietest Oxygen Concentrator? Help! FormerSnoreGremlin 16 3,775 08-30-2022, 04:42 PM
Last Post: clownbell

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.