Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question
RE: Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question
(03-25-2024, 10:49 AM)icipher Wrote: The big question I have regarding the Aircurve 10 vs 11, is whether or not the smaller motor in the 11 is less reliable or has a shorter life due to it being smaller and presumably needing to work harder to compensate for its lesser size. I am due for a new machine and this question leaves me hesitating.

Seems likely that the manufacturer of this device used a motor rated for the required load and desired lifetime of 5 years which is the manufacturer's recommended replacement schedule.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-25-2024, 10:49 AM)icipher Wrote: The big question I have regarding the Aircurve 10 vs 11, is whether or not the smaller motor in the 11 is less reliable or has a shorter life due to it being smaller and presumably needing to work harder to compensate for its lesser size. I am due for a new machine and this question leaves me hesitating.

The A10 is known to be a reliable machine. When mine reached the "motor life exceeded" warning I was eligible, so I got another A10. If the modem is important to you, make sure it's G4 as the older G3 has been abandoned by the carriers. There's no way to determine the reliability of the A11 because it hasn't been out long enough.

I also still have my old S9 VPAP Auto that I bought used over 10 years ago.

All three machines work like new. The nice thing about the S9 is the water tank has no nooks and crannies so it's much easier to keep clean. IIRC the A10 has a better algorithm.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been using the A10 for five years now, and eligible for a new machine. I'm pretty sure I can choose what model I get, and wondering if I should go with another A10 or get the A11?
Post Reply Post Reply
**** UPDATE ****

Thanks everyone for your replies

The fight with Kaiser & Apria has been a MAJOR Headache and excessively stressful.

The end result is I used a co-workers address. Apria then shipped to her address, then I drove to the office she works from to pick it up.

I received the AirCurve 10. Perfectly fine as I have a ton of filters and several spare tanks. I also have a (free) SoClean2 and AFAIK, there isn't a compatible tank lid for the 11.

Eventually, I'll send my old machine out to be repaired. 
I'll feel better having a backup/travel machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
On SoClean2, I'd not be inclined to use it. They're known to degrade the plastics, and the usage voids your ResMed warranty.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-09-2024, 11:39 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: On SoClean2, I'd not be inclined to use it. They're known to degrade the plastics, and the usage voids your ResMed warranty.

I did not know that.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll dispose of it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Please read this addition to Resmed's warranty information concerning the use of ozone cleaners. https://document.resmed.com/en-us/docume...letter.pdf
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
AirSense 10 or AirCurve 10. For now I greatly recommend.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seeking Advice on BiPAP AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings for Upper Airway Resistance Syndro chacha897d 1 174 09-07-2024, 08:13 PM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  [Equipment] Can I use Aircurve 10 ASV (PaceWave CS) instead of an Aircurve 10 Vauto ? Gillyweed 7 179 09-06-2024, 01:28 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
  Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV: Central Apnea Not Relieved RVSleeper 49 1,656 09-05-2024, 06:40 PM
Last Post: RVSleeper
Information [CPAP] Aircurve 11 Oscar Chart WeaponizedCactus 7 227 09-05-2024, 01:00 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Squealing Resmed AirCurve ASV FE350 2 109 09-03-2024, 11:06 PM
Last Post: FE350
  AHI very high after switching from Dreamstation to Aircurve 10 mu50256 15 527 08-25-2024, 08:38 AM
Last Post: mawaw1992
  carnuntum - Switching from Prisma APAP to Aircurve bi-level therapy carnuntum 8 1,433 08-16-2024, 05:19 AM
Last Post: carnuntum

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.