Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB
RE: Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB
My initial recommendations for pressure support were tempered by your high CA event rate previously. I still think the range is correct, but if you increase PS, let's go to 3.4 or 3.6 to ease into it. This result looks very promising, and I agree the leaks were related to the increased flags at that time. I used the P10 since it was first released, but this week moved to a P30i which is a more solid headgear and no hose hanging out the front. Keep that one in mind if you find the hose knocks your mask around or headgear lets loose too often.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow, check this out:

Sleeprider, I didn't realize I could adjust PS by tenths. So I went with your suggestion of 3.4. And that has yielded the best numbers (1.83 AHI) I have seen in my almost 2 years of therapy. My best night prior to now might have been a 3-point-something (and I did not get those very often).

Seems like leak rate is under control and might have been a fluke. I will keep an eye on that and experiment with masks as needed.

So for now I am calling this a success. I will keep these settings for a while and collect more data. Thanks a million for helping me get this far. I could not have done that on my own.
Post Reply Post Reply
Big Grin  Great success makes me smile!   Big Grin
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-24-2024, 11:36 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I just sent my Vauto with 24K hours to Advans CPAP Supplier #28 for refurbishing. It will get a new motor and the hours reset and come back clean. It's a $220 service. Anytime you can get a Vauto with reasonable hours for a good price, it's a great deal.  Even if it has significant hours on it, it's probably worth refurbishing.

Do they refurbish a machine I bought from a smoker? I replaced many of the parts and did what I could, but still have the smell of smoke. This is a backup machine I bought off of FB marketplace. I'd pay to have it refurbished if they could get that smell out of it, new motor, etc.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you call or send an Email to Supplier #28 they will tell you what they can do. I think they can replace the air-path, including the silicone seals and motor housing. I don't know what they would charge for that. I have cleaned up a machine from a smoker and would not buy another. I found Ozium spray was effective in killing the odor.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Hey all, got some new charts with mixed results. Here's Friday whole night plus a close up of about an hour, and a three-minute close up.

Sleeprider -- I picked up a P30i mask to see if it would help with the leaks. Last night was the first night I used it. I found it comfy and secure but the leaks are about the same, give or take. I have a cold right now and I am taking decongestants but maybe it is related to a transient stuffy nose.

CA events disappeared completely for the first couple of nights leaving only hypopneas and the AHI was under 3 every night. Two nights ago (Friday, see charts above) CA events returned (AHI 6.14) and last night as well (AHI 3.54).

The last two nights each have a couple of random hours of odd breathing patterns that vaguely look like Cheyne-Stokes to me. I zoomed in on some of that in the charts above.

If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions on the above it would be appreciated. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd rather not make changes in the middle of a cold. I like Flonase to relieve congestion from inflammation in the nose, so something to consider. Clusters of CA are coming up coincident to leaks, but there is a lot of periodic breathing here. While I'm sure your congestion is playing a roll, this periodic breathing pattern is "apneic threshold" and is more common with central apnea. I'm not ready to pull the plug on your Vauto treatment, and if this does not clear up, we have other things to try, including an increase of PS to 4.0. Believe it or not, you may just need a bigger nudge to breathe. Your closeup clearly shows the Vauto is delivering PS pulses where breaths belong in those CA events, so the Very-High trigger is working, you may just need a bigger push.
Clusters of Central apnea https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...y_Clusters
Central Sleep Apnea https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...pnea_(CSA)
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
My cold has passed and it seems like enough time has gone by to circle back on this one. Here are the last 3 nights:

Let me know if you would like any zooms.

AHI has been varying from about 2-5 most nights. It seems like hypopneas are the worst of my problems now. I have experimented with PS from 3.6-4.0 and it does not seem to make much difference.

Is there such a thing as "Min IPAP" in the VAuto? Coming from the APAP world my instinct would be to turn up the minimum inhalation pressure a bit. Not sure how to do that with a VAuto.

Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated. My goal is to get my AHI down to around 1 or less average.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
The trend for you has been improved therapy with higher PS and trigger. If you want to try 4.2 or 4.4 PS, it may help, or not. When dealing with what looks to be a mostly CA problem, it's hard to predict, but it may be worth a try.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  acquired an aircurve vauto 10/self titrating eok361 9 298 Yesterday, 07:41 AM
Last Post: eok361
  How should I set up my AirCurve 10 Vauto Josephkpc 14 415 09-25-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Respiration Rate wickedsleepy 12 1,101 09-24-2024, 11:36 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] Newbie to OSCAR - why mask leakage rate is so high thanh.oz 1 124 09-22-2024, 06:37 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Two Questions - Flow Rate is UARS Dodies 5 374 09-16-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  Leak Rate Questions in OCAR MrPsyduck 5 327 09-10-2024, 05:25 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  Flat-topped flow rate slatejetpack 8 392 09-09-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: slatejetpack

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.