Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Requesting help interpreting data
Requesting help interpreting data
So my story is the normal struggling CPAP user, trouble with insurance, unresponsive doctor, struggling to sleep, etc etc.

I've reached out to my doctor to ask his opinion on having a different exhale pressure but who knows when I'll hear from him.

I'm absolutely exhausted during the day and waking up a lot at night, unsure if it's due to anxiety or sleep apnea or what.

Regardless, I've heard that folks here are fantastic at giving suggestions and helping interpret data.

Attached are 2 of my recent full nights using my Bipap. Also attached is last night where I struggled and woke up a lot.

Basically I'm just curious if anything stands out to you folks or if you have any suggestions.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Requesting help interpreting data
You are not utilizing your instrument's pressure support (PS=0), probably because of some CAs. Nevertheless,  you could try PS=1 and see how you feel, but your CA figures should not worsen significantly. 
Also, you can increase your minimum pressure to 7 and the maximum to 10 to avoid frequent pressure adjustments and have a more peaceful night. The leaks can also be disturbing, so arrange your straps better or switch mask type.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much for the reply! I'll look into this!
Post Reply Post Reply
I've made some adjustments alongside recommendations from my doctor and I'm feeling like I'm sleeping much better, deeper sleep, more dreams, less awakenings, however I'm actually seeing more events!

Could this be because I'm getting into deeper stages of sleep? I'd often wake up every couple hours on my older settings.

I'm looking into getting a soft cervical collar once I can figure out my measurements, but in the mean time if there's any suggestions I'd be happy to hear them.

Thank you all for being such an amazing resource and help.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-25-2024, 11:09 AM)Henrinator Wrote: I'm looking into getting a soft cervical collar once I can figure out my measurements, but in the mean time if there's any suggestions I'd be happy to hear them.

Your CAs increased; hence, you should dial down the PS=1. Simultaneously, raising the minimum pressure to 7 would be best to maintain proper pressure support against OAs, which are still there.
Your current maximum pressure setting also hits the ceiling; therefore, you should increase it to 12.
Around 05:20, you can see the gathering of OAs characteristic of positional apnea; hence, you would need the collar. Also, ensure a solid side seeing, not turning to your back.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much, I will look into that!
Post Reply Post Reply
Curious question, you're doing your setting edits yourself, right? Because you certainly can do this, get the results, then discuss with doctor later. I wouldn't want you to be billed for edits you're well able to take care of yourself.

If you don't have it yet, look at the following link to get your CPAP Setup Manual.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh yes, I appreciate the concern but I've been adjusting it myself with input from my doctor. Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
OK copy. Good to hear it.

Here's a free Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey all, been working alongside your advice and have limited some of the issues, and the CA with the pressure support seemed to be a fluke, but I'm still maxing out my current pressure and struggling with aerophagia as a result.

I'm not sure what a good next step is, as I'm a light sleeper and the aerophagia bloating keeps me from sleeping.

Appreciate your help dealing with silly folk like me

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Interpreting OSCAR data (relatively new CPAP user) bolivar98 14 630 09-02-2024, 04:44 AM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  returning APAP'er, help interpreting OSCAR please :) tml678 2 203 08-21-2024, 11:06 PM
Last Post: tml678
  Need Help with Interpreting Sleep Study NeedHelpPlease 1 277 07-01-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question Help interpreting Lofta results Tcp84 1 253 06-11-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: Narcil
  [Treatment] Requesting Help With My APAP Therapy :) tiredandwired 2 267 06-08-2024, 10:55 PM
Last Post: tiredandwired
Idea Interpreting Data for simple CPAP Boodmaster 3 273 06-06-2024, 09:58 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Interpreting Oscar Data ? llambotte 14 1,058 05-29-2024, 02:17 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.