Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Interpreting Oscar data
Interpreting Oscar data
Hello friends, I am new to the site and I will learn a lot from you here.

I am waiting for your comments on the data. I could not fully interpret it. I am not fully in the class on this subject.

My device is remed 9 and p30 nasal mask.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Interpreting Oscar data
You really need to download the OSCAR program that available for free in the black banner above.  You will need an SD card also.  Once you have it loaded post a chart or two and either I or someone else will try to help you.   With out seeing your OSCAR charts but looking at what you posted I am pretty sure that you need to increase your minimum pressure to at least 8cmH2o and most likely more than that. 

Welcome to the forum.
I am not an expert...just a long time user.

OSCAR - The Guide
Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
Positional Apnea

Post Reply Post Reply
(Yesterday, 02:41 PM)Old Steve Wrote: You really need to download the OSCAR program that available for free in the black banner above.  You will need an SD card also.  Once you have it loaded post a chart or two and either I or someone else will try to help you.   With out seeing your OSCAR charts but looking at what you posted I am pretty sure that you need to increase your minimum pressure to at least 8cmH2o and most likely more than that. 

Welcome to the forum.

Thank you. You are right, I added the total data. Now I am adding one day's data. I am waiting for your help and comments.

Post Reply Post Reply
First it would help us see more information if you were to remove the calendar from your charts.  

The period from 11:15 thru about 1:00 AM is most likely Positional Apnea.  PA is caused by chin tucking, bending your neck and cutting off your air supply.  If you sleep on your back you may want to try sleeping on your side.  Some folks use soft cervical collars to keep their neck straighter.  The only way I stopped my PA was to sleep on my side (click on Positional Apnea below for more info)  That being said I think I would try setting your minimum pressure at 10cm.  I would also try to lower your leaks some, although not really bad at this time they can still cause arousals.  Try the 10 cm and some different sleeping positions to stop the chin tucking and post some more charts.
I am not an expert...just a long time user.

OSCAR - The Guide
Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
Positional Apnea

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your quick response. Actually, I always sleep on my side, rarely on my back. I can't sleep on my back anyway. I sleep either on my left or my right. Yes, I'll just add the graphs. By the way, I just switched to Resmed 11. I used Resmed 9 for many years. My data on Resmed 11 will increase day by day. I'll add new ones.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Advice with OSCAR Data sploomb 7 462 Yesterday, 09:34 PM
Last Post: sploomb
  OSCAR Data - Low AHI but still not feeling great, and are these real OA events? Santino 38 1,496 10-16-2024, 10:55 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  [CPAP] Trying to make sense of my OSCAR data (newbie) aardvarkpineapple 1 137 10-15-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [CPAP] Self treating: Advice for tuning after first night OSCAR data? citrus1 22 1,103 10-14-2024, 11:39 PM
Last Post: Bkflg
  Help analyzing OSCAR data - CA's? alemon 46 2,616 10-11-2024, 01:15 PM
Last Post: alemon
  Mcca21 - OSCAR Data Review Mcca21 16 773 10-10-2024, 08:57 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  New member looking for Oscar data help mttm 19 908 10-09-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: mttm

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.